All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Marathon

Mamos

Hi All

I hate to do this especially with the economy as it is but the Marathon is looming near on the horizon and I am no where near the amount I have to reach to even qualify for the race.

Training is going well and I are pushing up the mileage on the long weekend run completing a half marathon distance of 13.1 miles a couple of weeks ago in 2 hours 15 minutes plus two - three shorter runs during the week (5miles)

The run is in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust which I think you will all agree is a worthy cause.

If anyone would like to sponsor me please PM me.

Please do consider Pete's charities first

mamos

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Mamos

Mamos

OMG

Went out for my longest run so far today and nearly expired in the heat.

I don't think I ate enough before going out and ran out of fuel a couple of mile from the end and had to run on empty. This is not good

Anyway 15 miles under my belt and just over a month to the marathon

mamos

Last edited by a moderator:

old git

Tremendous Bore
Just trying to be informative and wishing you all the luck in the World on your worthy collecting but it might be good manners not to request charity contributions on Pete Thomas's board, where all profits from sales are put into his charities.
Should you wish to start your own board and collect there, I will happily make a contribution.
Kindly meant.

OP
Mamos

Mamos

Thanks Nick

Yes, pretty much as ready as I am going to be

Done all the training and am now tapering etc

I have given up alcohol for a month so I am really looking forward to a celebratory pint afterwards.

I have pretty much reached my target for fund raising so if anybody wanted to sponsor me please feel free to donate to Pete's charities.

I can't wait to be on that start line when that gun goes off. I seem to have been thinking about little else for months. I will be nice to get back to normal.

Well think about me on Sunday morning when you are having a lazy breakfast.

mamos

Nick Cook

How did it go then Mamos? I imagine you're still recovering today!!! It took me ages before I went out running again after I did a marathon (my one and only!)

I was thinking of you as I did my club's monthly 10k (a much more sensible distance!!!)

OP
Mamos

Mamos

Only just got back from the islands

Really rough crossing on the way out but the weather on the day was fine

Time 4.55

Bit slow but at least now I have a time to beat

mamos

OP
Mamos

Mamos

When I came across the line I vowed never to run another but by the next day I was planning the next one.

I have a half marathon coming up in a month or so. Very hilly again over Bodmin moor

mamos

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom