support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Manchester Playday with StaxofSax Sunday May 27th 2012

littleplum

StaxofSax are very pleased to announce our first workshop in Manchester. Many of you have seen our previous threads for the workshops in Leicester and have expressed an interest in joining us if only it was a bit closer to home. Well we have secured a venue that will suit us down to the ground, and allow us to bring our workshop to your neck of the woods.

The date is 27th May (Sunday)

at Maunders School of Popular Music,
Wilson Park,
Monsall Road
Newton Heath
Manchester
M40 8WN

The day will start at 10am and finish at 3pm, it will include large ensemble, small ensemble work and a Jazz Improvisation session in the afternoon. The day is aimed at players over the age of 11 with a minimum of 12 months playing experience, but is also suitable for players of all abilities. Our arrangements are written specifically for the people who are attending, so grade 1 or grade 8, you will be sure of not being out of your depth, whilst having a challenge too.

We have run 10 of these events so far and they are going from strength to strength with 22 players joining us for a fun days music making on our last day.

Check out the StaxofSax facebook page and www.daveplummer.net for details of previous events.

Cost of the day is £30 per person of which 10 % is donated to Pete's charity for every forum member that attends.

We hope that some of you can join us for the day and look forward to a good days sax playing

Regards

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi AndyKevDave
ohh this is hurting my head lol

Andy glad to have you join us, details will follow shortly. Keep spreading the words guys and it will be a great day.
Any ideas for local places to advertise would be gratefully received, teachers, bands etc

regards

Dave

Hi AndyKevDave
ohh this is hurting my head lol

Andy glad to have you join us, details will follow shortly. Keep spreading the words guys and it will be a great day.
Any ideas for local places to advertise would be gratefully received, teachers, bands etc

regards

Dave

Dave,

Can you pdf a flyer for it so that we can send it round?

Andy

Hi Dave

Very interested myself but a bit far off at the moment to say definitely but should be OK,how many do you usually manage to entice to these workshops,very handy for me probably 3 miles max,when do you need to know for definate.

Have you seen the thread about Band On The Wall in m/c doing something like this...john

Hi John

thanks for your reply, we normally attract between 15 and 22 for the day and this will be our 12th event. We keep the numbers fairly small so that we can offer the support that maybe needed to the players. We also try and make it different from other events which either normally are all day large ensemble or Jazz workshops or over a whole week/end

This is the first time outside of Leicester so we are flying by the seat of our pants, but hey whats new!

We have 3 places confirmed and another 2 (including yourself) possibles and some brilliant offers of help with spreading the word from other forum members. If you can let me know as soon as you are sure yourself that would be great. No official deadline really.

Hope you can make it for the 27th

regards

Dave

Hi Dave

Put me down as a definite please I'll take a chance on something unknown cropping up do I need to pm you for payment details.

All the best..John

Hi John

Brilliant, that's four forum members coming with another checking his diary. If you could pm me an email address I will send you the full details for the day.

If you can pass on the details to any other players that would be very much appreciated.

regards

Dave

Hi Folks

Here is the flyer to the Manchester workshop. I hope that the link works. Please let me know if I have got it wrong again.

If you could spread the flyer around that would be really helpful. If anyone wants hard copies let me know and I will put some in the post for you.

we have 4 booked so, realistically we need another 6 to make it a viable day.
I am about to start researching sax teachers in the area to let them know about the day.

Thanks for all your help so far guys, it is really appreciated

regards

Dave

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8Y8-UhwS1R3ZmNOLXJUMW9TMGVyLWEwN1FWem84Zw