All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Man on a Ledge

Mike

This is something I put together today. Thought I'd share it. Make sure you don't have company over, or anyone you may want to impress....lol.....It may have exterminating possibilities for that unwanted guest, or guests in the attic...
It's all improvised in it's solo and additional tracks. Possibly provocative.
It's a bit perverted, or filthy, in concept but that's how I was feeling today.
Kind of out on a ledge in thought and what better way to
expound on that but through song! lol......

I like walking the thin line because
it's not really there to begin with. Is that Zen? (scratches head while looking into the distance and head is tilted slightly to the left)

Man on a Ledge
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1176814

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
Nice. My guests have to put up with far worse.

<goes back to listening to "3 Compositions of New Jazz">

<followed by "Collective Calls (Urban) (Two Microphones)">

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Nice. My guests have to put up with far worse.

<goes back to listening to "3 Compositions of New Jazz">

<followed by "Collective Calls (Urban) (Two Microphones)">

Cool Nick!
I've heard 3 Compositions....Mr. Braxton was quite out there.

I was hoping that possibly in 75 yrs some of my work could hit the Muzak circuit.
What can I say, I'm an eternal optimist as well as patient! But then again in 75 yrs
entanglement theory may be fully utilized and there won't be a need for elevators.

Damn, just my luck!

Wade Cornell

Hopefully you meant the humour of an atonal "walking bass" that occasionally stubs its toe then keeps on walking. The sax work is great, as usual. Nice break with the solo. Good group dynamic with tension of a guy about to jump. Well named and as usual I love the photos and graphics that accompany (where do you get these?).

Always a pleasure to hear your work.

Mike

Hopefully you meant the humour of an atonal "walking bass" that occasionally stubs its toe then keeps on walking. The sax work is great, as usual. Nice break with the solo. Good group dynamic with tension of a guy about to jump. Well named and as usual I love the photos and graphics that accompany (where do you get these?).

Always a pleasure to hear your work.

No, but I wish I did, as in the humor of the bass line.....lol....
I wrote the bass line really quickly and through chance. Simply random stabs at the chromatic scale because I don't want much thought when it comes to chance. Only reaction.
The metronome was my only barometer if indeed the bass remained in rhythm or would stray. The hiccups still worked mathematically so I kept them.
But I like the 'stubs it's toe' identification! I've stubbed my toe quite severely recently and I think through my motion I may have gone through some pretty intense rhythmic modulation!

Whenever I need a picture, I merely go to Google and type....'Pictures of (topic in question)
When I did all my video's I managed to always find something I could use.

Thanks for the listen Wade and I'm happy you enjoyed it!

Thanks Altissimo!

Top Bottom