support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mac OS X Secrets

half diminished

Hi

Just thought I'd share this with those of you using a Mac. Adds additional Preferences section called Secrets and allows much more customisation. For example I can now get my mouse to move at a similar speed to what I used to have on my PC.

There are loads of useful hidden preferences that you can now unlock……… enjoy but caveat emptor (yeh I know it's free but be careful out there) :w00t:

That could be dangerous for me :) Will give some of them a try though. I've had my iMac for about 2 years now and just opened GarageBand for the first time yesterday. Now that did look interesting and when I have more time to explore I will! Thanks for the link :)

Aren't MACs great - you just have to love them (controversial statement). What I love most about them is that you don't actually have to know anything about them - they just work. I'm a professional technology nerd, actually, and have played professionally with Windows PC from before they were invented until 2 1/2 years ago when I was given a MAC mini. I have never used a Windows PC of my own since and years and years of frustration in trying to get music and video editors to work first and every time all faded into the past. I now use a MAC Book Pro for everything. It's two years old it has never, ever gone even slightly wrong, I have never had a system error of any kind from OS X or any applications that I have loaded, I have never called user support I have never had to ask anyone for any help, I have never wanted more memory or a bigger hard driver.... I know absolutely nothing about MACs except that they work for me and I get things done - I CREATE and that is what I bought it for - not to fiddle with.

...and that is why as exciting as the 'MAC Secrets' are (you almost had me) I just do not want to change anything about my MAC - it was born perfect and far be it from me to try to improve it. (But I'm sure many others will).

Steve

Steve

You are right of course, I am on my 3rd Mac now having just bought a Mac Pro to replace an iMac and Macmini. There are though a couple of niggles I find with Macs, one of which has been the poor mice and the inability to be able to up the sensitivity.

The new Magic Mouse is brilliant but has still been slow compared to what I used to use on a PC but since discovering Secrets I have increased the sensitivity 3 fold and I could go further. Also being able to make Entourage go to next oldest message after delete is a little tweak I couldn't have done before.

So I haven't changed much but what I have changed has made the Mac experience even better. I just wish I could find some justification for getting a Macbook Pro :w00t: >:)

Old Git - I know I must get off this soap box. My Real name is Bill by the way ;}

The MacBook Pro has a touch pad with gestures and I find that it is better than using any mouses (or is it mice - but they tend to scurry away when you let go of them). I have preciously always plugged in a USB mouse when confronted with a touch pad on other computers. The tracking is as fast as you want it to be and you can do zooming, scrolling and backward and forward like on an iPhone screen.
Secrets looks great - I just know that I mustn't let myself get drawn into fiddling.
I'd love to have one of those really big iMac screens -

Steve