All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Mac OS X 10.8.1

old git

Tremendous Bore
Installed update this morning and my A3 colour printer stopped working.

It had decided to disable sharing in System Preferences Print and Scan.

Come back Steve, all is forgiven.>:)

Kingsleyhk

I also installed yesterday and my HP printer sort of moaned and groaned a bit. I gave it a bit of a talking to and it seems to have pulled itself together and be working fine now.

At the risk of educating close old lady relatives on how to osculate ovoid objects, have you tried software update and/or gone to the printer manufacturer's website to see if they have updated the driver?

gnu

There is a printer patch for OSX 10.8.1 - first released patch, so there must have been a problem.....
(Updates are now via AppStore........just in case you want to buy something as you're trying to fix a problem >:))

gnu

milandro

I am still running Snow Leopard and haven’t upgraded. Frankly speaking I don’t have the urge to do so since everything , including my new HP printer which had an apple software update yesterday, still works absolutely fine. Upgrading OS’s always carries the risk that any number of thinks that previously did work wouldn't work anymore after upgrading, so, as a precautional measure , one could partition the disk and run a version of the old OS on one partition and do the upgrade on another so that you could be switching between versions should anything not work.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom