All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Lyrtcs.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Has anyone else noted the number of songs with unnecessary or space filling lyrics? Almost reached the point of organising one of the 'Call me Dave' government petitions?

The karaoke favourite,'I did it my way' contains, "Regrets, there were a few but then again, too few to mention." If there are too few to mention, why mention them? Paul Anka, you messed up there.

Now for the one that will get Kath, Jeanette, Artylady etc., etc. bending our earholes, 'My Funny Valentine'. "Is your figure less than Greek? Is your mouth a little weak? When you open it to speak, are you wise?" Of course she isn't wise, she's a woman. >:)

Will now sit back, amused, until the slagging stops. ;}

Pauline, all these other females are jealous of your CaSLM Official Moll status and as we recognise you as a very sagacious lady, there is no reason to join the caff©'s distaff screams of outrage. :)

ENJOY!

Nick Cook

Carly Simon - You're so Vain.

"...You probably think this song is about you, don't you, don't you".

Well it IS about him!!!

dooce

The Killers;

"Are we dancer
Or are we human?"

Neither, you are a pretentious little oik with an over-inflated opinion of your own intellect.......

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
"Is your figure less than Greek?

ENJOY!
Now....not having had a classical edumacation, like......what shape exactly is a Greek figure?
If it's "Omega" shaped, that could well be me.....:)))

As for the rest....I'm just rising above it :w00t:

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
As for the rest....I'm just rising above it :w00t:
I was going to do the same but couldn't resist the following:

“God made woman beautiful and foolish; beautiful, that man might love her; and foolish that she might love him."

:blowkiss:

Jx

saxplorer

Has anyone else noted the number of songs with unnecessary or space filling lyrics?
From "But Not For Me":

I was a fool to fall, and get that way,
Hi ho! Alas! And also Lack a day!

(Not Ira Gershwin's finest moment)

SimonR

"Where Eleanor had risen to kiss the neck below my head" - always been a bug-bear of mine.

lindisfarne, Lady Eleanor.

Fraser Jarvis

Laurel Aitken........"Sally Brown, Sally Brown, you dont mess with Sally or she hit you with a Kookoomacka stick" Anyone know what a Kookoomacka stick is?? no? me neither...

Saxholder Pro

Members online

No members online now.
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom