support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Lush Life for Sax Sextet

The timing and intonation are so precise, you guys play so well together.

Superb, thank you for sharing

Glad you liked.

I'm beginning to appreciate Billy Strayhorn more and more as time goes by. He wrote some great songs.

Reactions: Sue
I just listened to this again - bumped up by your reply - and I'd forgotten that I'd listened to this recording earlier and had responded with just 'Wonderful'! So I was listening with 'fresh ears' and probably with more focu and sensitivity than first time around.

Yes I love the composition. I also think you - together - superbly demonstrate what a great sax ensemble can do in terms of subtle chords, melody/supporting lines and synchronized changes in rhythm.

This recording has expanded my awareness of what a sax ensemble is able to do.

Mike

Thoroughly enjoyable playing and the creativity used in the arrangement is at the highest level. Can you tell us more about the "Breathe Saxophone Group"? Are you a member, and if so what part(s) do you play?

Thoroughly enjoyable playing and the creativity used in the arrangement is at the highest level. Can you tell us more about the "Breathe Saxophone Group"? Are you a member, and if so what part(s) do you play?
Thanks Jbt

Yes I’m a member playing the sopranino/soprano parts.

We’re just a London based group playing stuff that we find interesting. More a rehearsal group playing for fun than gigging. Only 3 local gigs in as many years. Hopefully gently changing perceptions of what people think a saxophone should sound like.

Mike: Relieved you liked it both times.:)

Where did you get the parts ?

Ps. Excellent

Back
Top Bottom