All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Sheet Music Low A

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
What nonsense, alto notes and tenor are different, and you can't play alto notes on tenor because they are in different ranges.
Welcome to the Cafe!
Many thanks for your opening post.
:thumb:

Linaberd

Locality
USA
Not really, an alto can be played in a tenor but a tenor will never have distant high notes even if the alto is in the highest note. I also take into account that some compositions played in tenor like this Boy With Luv Bts MP3 Free Download - MP3 Juices RED have the sound in soprano. So, according to you, soprano and alto can be played in tenor and still add bass and it won't sound good? Have you ever listened to a tenor? It's a classic and all alto's are played that way.

Vetinari

Café Supporter
Locality
East Manchester
This is getting confusing. Surely tunes just need transposing correctly then will play in tune, all be it at a different pitch depending on which sax is being used. Only odd one is if low A is required then can only be played on baritone, unless played an octave up or just replace low A with next A above.

Last edited:

turf3

Locality
Earth
Well, now you're just talking sense. As I pointed out above, there are exactly four alternatives.

1) Transpose to a different key
2) Take it up an octave
3) Alter the line
4) Play it on a different instrument where it doesn't run off the bottom of the horn.

But apparently OP doesn't want to do any of those things.

Vetinari

Café Supporter
Locality
East Manchester
If he wants those low A's @Royston can try my bari at our next ensemble meeting. He'll have to go to the gym and do some weight training first though.

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK
This thread is almost a year old. So I expect that the OP has found a way forward by now, or taken up the banjo, or just chosen a different tune.

Royston

Locality
Wirral, United Kingdom
If he wants those low A's @Royston can try my bari at our next ensemble meeting. He'll have to go to the gym and do some weight training first though.
My response was just a joke somewhere along the line but I’ve never played a Bari though.

lydian

Locality
USA
Misty is one of my favorite tunes, and I've played it many, many times on tenor and soprano with my jazz combo over the years. We always do it in concert F, a whole step up from the Real Book version. I've never actually read the chart. I learned it by ear and have played it from memory ever since. Once you have the sound in your head, it's pretty easy to play it in any key.

Vetinari

Café Supporter
Locality
East Manchester
My response was just a joke somewhere along the line but I’ve never played a Bari though.
I'll bring my back support to help your poor old aging bones to take the weight.:happydance:

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Key of F. Everybody is happy. Eb ers, Bb ers, Pianists and guitarists. Banjo players are never happy with anything. Miserable buggers. ;)

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom