support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

lovely new book with flexi spin!

paul2610

Locality
Morayshire
Hav'nt said much recently so am taking the advanatge after my delivering of vol 3 - taming the sax.

I'm mostly likely, in fact probably definitly still a beginner but atleast this book shows what the majority of you guys can play - but not to be defeated, I do love a challange so am playing through the book bit by bit - might not play all the flats and sharps where I should or in the right timing as yet, until I've got the black belt in finger bending! but I am enjoying it.

I'm probably not using it the way pete intended but if the practise parts were designed to make playing a tune more intense or enabling atleast free spirit to enter into the playing (whereas before I was concentrating on what notes next)then perhaps I'm finally getting somewhere.

I don't suppose theirs any players on here from north scotland is there (inverness/aberdeen), or am I truely the only one!

Paul

Hi Paul,
There is life north of the border - I'm in Aberdeenshire (Banff). Also a relative beginner, I've too have invested in Taming the Sax but not played much from it....yet!
Cheers,
Matilda

Hi Paul, well done on your learning path.
If you want to find out where some other members live then why not join the "Breakfast Room Map." It's a private map so not for public viewing and you are only asked for an approximate location. If you pm me with your location, I'll add you to the map and send you a link to it.

'sunny aberdeenshire' ! which day of the year was that then?

Hi matilda, nice to know theres others around - I guess I like vol 3 cause it looks differecult (OK is) but I can take my time and experiment - I love the way pete in his dvd and others can so easily play the jazz and blues and make it sound wonderful from only a few notes - and perhaps after sounding like a soaked dog on a bungy jump for a few months I might start to sound similar after using it, miracles do happen!

Is their any places where saxophones are played, like festivals and such - I know nairn has one a year but thats awhile away. local to aberdeen or inverness.

Paul

Hi Paul,
I live in Aberdeen - where do you bide? The doesn't appear to be many of us from the North-East here, unfortunately.

Dave Mac.

moray by elgin where the raf camps won't be very soon-but thats another story..........!

Hi Paul
When I put your location into google maps it put you in the middle of a very desolate looking field you poor thing.

I know how you feel though, I feel pretty isolated down here in the far south west.

You are probably nearer to sax players on North sea platforms than I am to sax players in the rest of th country

mamos

I'm probably not using it the way pete intended but if the practise parts were designed to make playing a tune more intense or enabling atleast free spirit to enter into the playing (whereas before I was concentrating on what notes next)then perhaps I'm finally getting somewhere.

IMO one of the main purposes of exercise and study books is to enable you to make progress in areas that would otherwise hold you up. Often one can ignore some of the material, at least for the time being. So there is seldom a "right way" to use them, other than intensively as you are obviously doing. What I have found is that even simple exercises can contribute greatly to the fluency of one's playing. In any case I work on the principle that if I can't do the simple stuff (at whatever level that might be), how could I expect to play the more complicated material. So, just keep at it and enjoy it.

Hi Paul
When I put your location into google maps it put you in the middle of a very desolate looking field you poor thing.

And not a skarcrow in sight!!!!

Its not so bad, I'm near the mountains which is what brought me here in the first place, nothing like a long stroll into the cairngorms to free the lungs - good place to practise a sax if you fancy luging it up there - made a video diary of my last windy visit - here.

Of course traffic jams are a myth here as well!

Paul

I know what you mean about the traffic. I cycled from JOG to LE a few years ago and in the north I could go for hours and not see a car.

mamos

Yomping ...

--------- 8< --------- Polite Snip ---------

a long stroll into the cairngorms to free the lungs - good place to practise a sax if you fancy luging it up there - made a video diary of my last windy visit - here.

Paul

Nice Job Paul ... [I enjoyed the trip and my feet don't even ache] ;}

Good use of graphics, I like the menu linking each video [the boots] Imaginative ...

It's a job to get what you actually experienced over on a website - Camera's never really give the true picture [as seen by your eyes] - Download speed limitations for viewers makes a compromise to balance the visual display size inevitable ...

It's nigh impossible to use a decent tripod in 55 mile per hour winds and its a heck of a job carrying all the kit to film it all as you would really like to ... Thanks mate ...

You sure have been around and done some stuff - Adventure Rules mate ... :welldone

PS - I enjoyed reading your:- New Zealand - into natures untouched kingdom
I will read some more later mate - cheers ...

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers for the praise, never been one to sit still for long, as for the tripod - thick hard snow helped keep it still and keeping it low, I appeared down hill from it - nearly lost my ruck sack over the cliff tho!

glad to hear some one reads my exploits.

Back
Top Bottom