All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Lost mpcs

dave 645

I've lost a brancher and a Francois Louis mouthpiece. Both are for alto. I spent a couple of hours playing and comparing my mpcs, before deciding to concentrate on my Otto Link for a while. The rest I put away in a safe place. Now I want to play them again, but I have no idea where they are. Please help.

TomMapfumo

They are bound to be "under something", or secretly dumped by a partner/girlfriend/wife.

jonf

If you're married, your wife will have tidied them safely away to somewhere utterly illogical.

dave 645

We have five cupboards and about 8 drawers in our house, yet my wife has 268 "safe places", as in, "I put it somewhere safe", so those of you wanting to join me and blame the wife, I agree. Sadly OG, one of our drawers is not a "I'll put these alto Mouthpieces away" drawer.
Good job the sax tennis elbow has demanded a few days off.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Follow these simple instructions

1 Stand up
2 turn round in an anticlockwise direction seven times
3 whilst turning repeat the following once:

"Saint Anthony, Saint Anthony,
Return what does not belong to thee!"

4 Get ready to be amazed (not necessarily immediately of course!)

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
It usually goes like this:

• Look for 'x'
  • Where is 'x'?
  • Oh, I remember, I put it somewhere where I would remember to find it
  • Where is the "somewhere" where I will remember to find it?
  • Oh :headscratch:no idea
  • Some time/hours/days/weeks/months later - oh here is 'x', what's it doing here? Oh now I remember
Sadly this experience seems to be becoming more frequent...:doh:

BigMartin

Sometimes when I'm looking for something, I don't find it until i say to myself out loud "I don't know where x is". And suddenly I just know where it is, without any further thiinking. It's as if saying the word x triggers the memory of where I left it. Doesn't help if someone else has moved x, of course.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Just take another mouthpiece and put it away for safe keeping. It'll lead you to all it's mates...

old git

Tremendous Bore
I always look for x in my fonts folder and sometimes the dictionary. Usually works.

Young Col

My father used to say
"I can't find.... I wish people wouldn't keep moving things".
Of course, we used to laugh.
However, the older I get the more I realise he was right. People do keep moving things and I wish they wouldn't.
It's very annoying. Yesterday I lost a can of furniture polish in the lounge. I found it eventually in a very different place in the same room to where I left it. Now why would I have left furniture polish on top of the TV?
YC

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
I bet you've found them now so there's no need for me to tell you where they are so I'll not bother then

dave 645

It seems there is an answer to the missing mpc's; and you are all helpful, but wrong. The mpcs have been found 280 miles away in a small house in Cornwall. A house that belongs to my father. Must have left them there last time I visited!

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
It seems there is an answer to the missing mpc's; and you are all helpful, but wrong. The mpcs have been found 280 miles away in a small house in Cornwall. A house that belongs to my father. Must have left them there last time I visited!
Now there's a severe case of "someone else moved them" :))) :)))

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom