All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

M/Pieces - Ligs Looking for a price friendly edgy tenor mouthpiece.......?

Grahame

Locality
Hexham
Today I reached nirvana in my quest to find an affordable backup tenor mouthpiece. I have played a few metal mcps in the past. Not loads, but a few. I have never spent time on composite or HR mouthpieces on my tenor. My main mcp is a Lawton 8*B and after 18 months playing and possibly fighting with a Guardala MBII, I have now have a Rico Metalite M9 tenor piece with a Rovner R2 ligature as a backup to the Lawton. It is almost as good as the Lawton with the exception of low subtones. The mcp cost £24 on Amazon. Go figure!

On soprano a Rico Metalite M7 has replaced my Yani metal M8 as my main mouthpiece. It has truly transformed the sop in tuning, intonation and articulation. £27. I am also about to receive a Bari Esprit soprano mouthpiece at £14 which I have read very good reports about. If it's better than the Metalite M7, then I can only say........WOW!

Rico Metalite for tenor and soprano. Just amazing!

thesaxman71

when metalites 1st came around in the 80's i was using 1 on the soprano (curved) and it was great, i got it from Dave at Newcastle music for around £15, i think the metalites punch way up above their price tag, very good for the price, i was recently also using an m11 for clarinet that was nice too.

stefank

Locality
Hobart, Tasmania
I have a tenor m9, and it's perfectly respectable. The Dukoff D7, Yani metal 8 & Morgan Excalibur are ahead of it in the queue, but it's quite useable if you want that sort of sound. Don't take it to the local community concert band.

Grahame

Locality
Hexham
when metalites 1st came around in the 80's i was using 1 on the soprano (curved) and it was great, i got it from Dave at Newcastle music for around £15, i think the metalites punch way up above their price tag, very good for the price, i was recently also using an m11 for clarinet that was nice too.

Hey Ian - also the good news is that I'm back on cane :)

G

ArtyLady

Locality
Essex
I might dig my Metalite out again today - not tried it on my Yani, might be good for louder gigs! >:)

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom