support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Software Logic 10.5 Update (MacOS only)

Account Closed
Those of you who have heard of Logic may want to try it free for 90 days. You could do a lot of composition and recording in three months!
For those who have it, this is an extensive and free update. If you are into electronic music, this is huge. They've added features that can make you the house composer for Empire. In passing, let me say that while 80% of sax players will not care for hip hop in general, it's helping introduce the saxophone into popular music again after decades of relative torpor. Electronic music's very character is digital by definition, and a saxophone is very analog, unless heavy effects are used. I think there's an exciting mix that can be created here. The biggest new features are for electronic compositions and performance.

Here's Apple's propaganda press release.

Regardless of whether the in bits added in the new update add anything that you would personally use, Logic is one of the most feature packed DAWs around. It costs £200 and so far that appears to be a one off payment, updates there after are free.

Logic is one of the most feature packed DAWs around.
I would certainly agree about that! Even to just play on a backing track, it's very powerful and easy to use. I bought it years ago, but continued to use Garage Band and hesitated to change. One day, I took the plunge, and I've enjoyed it ever since. Working with Band in a Box, you can take a multitrack BiaB file set and do a full mix, messing with each tracks and adding your own.

But the new stuff is for hip hop, electronic all the newer stuff that has a huge audience and is rhythm-based. 'Beats' are a huge thing now, and they're not easy to make from scratch. It's why I think this update, which is really an upGRADE is exciting.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom