supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

'lo from Sittingbourne

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
Yes, it's true - you may not believe but there is someone in Sittingbourne who can read and write (and play the saxophone). If you're at all familiar with the place you'll know how surprising this is.
Anyway, hello from me. I play a variety of saxes in a couple of local bands and anyone else who'll pay me. I teach as well. I am able to do this by virtue of the great generosity and forbearance of my dear wife, who has a real job.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome to the cafe, Nick. I'm from the South originaly. I got out when I heard that others could read and write, so I moved north of t' Watford Gap.! Only just north of it mind, I may have got a nose bleed if I'd gone any further.

Young Col

Welcome Nick.
Sittingbourne, eh? just off the A249. Nothing much wrong with the South end of that (Maidstone, near where Mrs YC was brought up), but the North end, Sheppey, well, hmm, least said....!
Enjoy caf sax
YC

Andante cantabile

Sittingbourne? Never heard of it. Probably one of the places where they film Heartbeat and Pride and Prejudice. At any rate, welcome to the cafe.

hello nick.

I'm a Faversham player who knows you by reputation, like you i have just joined this forum, are you doing the Eastling fest at the end of month?

TomMapfumo

Hi, Nick & welcome to the cafe!

Here follows the CS Citizenship Test:

1. Favourite sax.
2. Do you soak your reeds.
3. Do you think Ligatures make a difference.
4. Do you have a Dukoff/Lawton mouthpiece.
5. Favourite sax player.
6. Do you have a Taiwanese sax.
7. Have you ever played/purchased a plastic reed.
8. Did you like Johnny Dankworth's/Humphrey Lyttleton's music.
9. Have you ever bought a sax on eBay.
10. What is your favourite piece of Sax music.

Your answers will go to a CS panel meeting and a response will be due in 48 hours!;}
Seriously, good to have you on board, and looking forward to your contributions.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

OP
Nick Wyver

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
Ooh! Complicated stuff. Here goes:

1. Favourite sax. - Keilwerth Shadow tenor
2. Do you soak your reeds. - Store them in vodka.
3. Do you think Ligatures make a difference. - No
4. Do you have a Dukoff/Lawton mouthpiece. - I own a Dukoff soprano mpc and a Lawton tenor mpc but they don't get played much.
5. Favourite sax player. - Too tricky. Think I'll go for Dana Colley at the moment with Pete Wareham a close second. Was Elton Dean for many years.
6. Do you have a Taiwanese sax. - No
7. Have you ever played/purchased a plastic reed. - Loads of them, but I went back to reed.
8. Did you like Johnny Dankworth's/Humphrey Lyttleton's music. - Not especially, but I certainly don't dislike it.
9. Have you ever bought a sax on eBay. - Yes, a Kohlert (Winnenden) tenor from about 1954. Great sax, dirt cheap.
10. What is your favourite piece of Sax music. - Really impossible to say. I could be dull and go for A Love Supreme but I'll stick with the piece of music that made me want to play sax in the first place - Slightly All The Time on Soft Machine's Third album.

Do I pass?

OP
Nick Wyver

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
That's very kind! As far as I know (which may not actually be very far) we're not involved. What are the actual dates?

That's very kind! As far as I know (which may not actually be very far) we're not involved. What are the actual dates?
hello again Nick.

The only date i have so far is 29Th May i am playing there that evening yes i too must wear many hats
in order to keep gigging! either that or sell the kids, and the pound being worth what it is at present, that ideas a non starter

Top Bottom