All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

livemeanslive.com

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Hi Guys

Keeping live music....."live"!! Please visit the site as it helps all levels of musicians and performers.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
Locality
Whitchurch, North Shropshire UK
Couldn't agree more - I'll be posting a thread about jam session near me...

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Locality
Minster On Sea
Very worthy I'm sure but the site isn't very informative about what they actually do besides flogging a few t-shirts.

Tenor Viol

Café Supporter
Locality
I noticed that too.

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
Do as i do and go see live events twice weekly more if i can fit it in, jazz on a Tuesday and whoever is playing at Hannah's bar on a Wednesday.
I also fit my break around a good gig on a Friday night, normally at The Caledonia good jazz on a Friday. In the past I've been sitting outside a bar listening to the band playing and ended up parking my cab up for a few hours (shhh don't tell her indoors)

ps Going to see Robert Castelli on Thursday playing the Capstone Theatre and a workshop during the day, looking forward to it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Saxdiva

Older, wiser, should know better....
Locality
Burgess Hill, West Sussex
Off to see Lee Thompson's Ska Orchestra on Wednesday in Brighton. Not my usual thing, but they're good and my tutor is on alto duties.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Hi Guys

I know these guys and they do not want you to purchase stuff! If you do.....great but if you read the website any money goes to charity. It costs nothing, no Facebook stuff and your details are not sent to anyone! Just passionate, good people!

Please let me know if you want any more clarity, more than happy to answer

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
I would like to join as I love to support live music, and as you know, I play in several live and very busy bands. BUT, I do feel a little hypocritical as I also play along to my backing tracks and to be totally honest, I make more from that than I do from either of my bands. There I go, firmly sat on the fence again. Doh!!!

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
I think that would be OK!!!! Everyone.....please join! It is great promotion for all musicians! You do not have to spend money! It is a tough one to believe but.....there is no catch!

Tenor Viol

Café Supporter
Locality
I'm all for supporting live music. I've formed a string sextet and we had our first public outing a couple of weeks ago (if you're interested, there is a Facebook page for Tea Party Strings).

Last night, my local independent coffee shop (which open Fri and Sat evenings as a bar) ran an open mike night, which went well. I didn't have the bottle to play, but I might next time if I can lurk in the background.

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Locality
Minster On Sea
Hi Guys

I know these guys and they do not want you to purchase stuff! If you do.....great but if you read the website any money goes to charity. It costs nothing, no Facebook stuff and your details are not sent to anyone! Just passionate, good people!

Please let me know if you want any more clarity, more than happy to answer

Fine, but I'm still not sure what they do.

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Perhaps it's like the Green cross code or an outlook on life. Save the Whale.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom