All profit supporting   special needs music

Little Wing

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Locality
Minster On Sea
Nice. One of my favourites. I thought the sax could be a bit louder it disappears into the backing here and there.

BTW what do you do about backing tracks and copyright and stuff?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Have just been getting back into the original Layla from Derek and the Dominoes. Quite different from the Little Wing there. But I really like this. Good comments from Nick.

Chris98

Taz, it's great, it's a good balance the tune isn't meant to be shouted, it's somehow delicate, and you got that.

Kev talking about all time favourate versions, I'd say Sevie Ray Vaughan piped both Clapton and Hendrix on his instrumental version of Hendrix's tune.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
Nick my CD will only be going to friends and family, it'll never hit the open market :( Thanks for the comments guys. :)

Jamesmac

I doubt if the copywrite police will be after you if you sell them to your admirers in the street. Anyway you could be giving the CD free, but accept donations. I preferred your take on a Little Wing over Georgia Taz. Expressive. :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: Taz

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
A very enjoyable listen. The mix sounds fine through my hifi speakers. You seem very at home with this genre.

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Surrey, UK
Creates a really nice mood. Thanks. I'm off to listen to your Georgia now .....

Rhys

altissimo

Locality
leicester
, I'd say Sevie Ray Vaughan piped both Clapton and Hendrix on his instrumental version of Hendrix's tune.
are you not familiar with this version from the Royal Albert Hall 24th February 1969 http://youtu.be/yMhwFxK_ykw
unfortunately, due to continued legal disputes over who owns the recordings, this version doesn't appear on the reissue of 'Hendrix In The West' but there's probably a cd of the Royal Albert Hall gig available somewhere

ArtyLady

Locality
Essex
Hendrix original version for me all the way :) (and Taz's of course!) :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: Taz

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Kev talking about all time favourate versions, I'd say Sevie Ray Vaughan piped both Clapton and Hendrix on his instrumental version of Hendrix's tune.

Must look out for that!

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Nick my CD will only be going to friends and family, it'll never hit the open market :( Thanks for the comments guys. :)
I hope the forum members are included on your friends list. Obviously we'll expect to contribute towards your costs. And maybe a touch of commission to the charity?

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Loved it Taz put me down to buy a copy of the CD :)

Jx

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Locality
manchester
I'm no expert but it sounded so professional to me as if it had been done in a studio and the best bit was your playing absolutely superb with such feeling sorry I can't offer any criticism but to me it was just perfect, ten like that on a cd would be just wonderful you have no idea how good that sounded have you ......John

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom