All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Let's play a duet! #2 (medium level) for Eb horns

Hello, I think that this could be something enjoyable during this period of difficulty to reach somebody to play with.
This duet is for Eb instruments.
If you want to play a duet for Bb instruments you can find one on my youtube channel as well.
Enable English subtitles in the youtube menu.
Let me know if you like it, take your horn out of the case, wet your reed and press play!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azmvdx1rxI0

rhysonsax

Subscriber
So that I could practice playing with @fabriziodalisera I captured the audio from his YouTube clip and then realised that I could both parts together and also add a simple bass and drums from Band in a Box. I'm not sure that the bass and drums add much but they are playing the chords from the duet, transposed to concert pitch.

Fabrizio Plays Bugs Bower Bop Duet No 15 Bari Saxes.mp3 - Box

Rhys

PS I hope you don't mind - I'll take it down if you don't like it.

BigMartin

So that I could practice playing with @fabriziodalisera I captured the audio from his YouTube clip and then realised that I could both parts together and also add a simple bass and drums from Band in a Box. I'm not sure that the bass and drums add much but they are playing the chords from the duet, transposed to concert pitch.

Fabrizio Plays Bugs Bower Bop Duet No 15 Bari Saxes.mp3 - Box

Rhys

PS I hope you don't mind - I'll take it down if you don't like it.
Don't take this the wrong way, @rhysonsax or @fabriziodalisera, but that sounds pretty rough (because of some looseness in the time and dynamics). But I'm sure if Fabrizio had recorded one part while listening to himself play the other, it woiuld have sounded wonderful. A nice illustration of the importance of listening, IMO.

Hi, thanks for playing this duet!
@rhysonsax Hey, you build up a frankenstein! ahaha, maybe it is better to destroy this undead creature! The two parts are not alligned correctly, you can hear it even in my voice while the countoff begins. Anyway ,hearing the two parts together was not my purpose. As @BigMartin said I only played the two parts separately without listening to myself while playing the second part. The big fun of playing a duet is (in my opinion) discovering how the parts blend together. Hearing both parts before playing the duet cuts out of all that fun! If somebody here on the forum wants to play a duet with me and appear in the video I could arrange how to do it in the future. If you are interested send me a PM.

rhysonsax

Subscriber
Hi, thanks for playing this duet!
@rhysonsax Hey, you build up a frankenstein! ahaha, maybe it is better to destroy this undead creature! The two parts are not alligned correctly, you can hear it even in my voice while the countoff begins. Anyway ,hearing the two parts together was not my purpose. As @BigMartin said I only played the two parts separately without listening to myself while playing the second part. The big fun of playing a duet is (in my opinion) discovering how the parts blend together. Hearing both parts before playing the duet cuts out of all that fun! If somebody here on the forum wants to play a duet with me and appear in the video I could arrange how to do it in the future. If you are interested send me a PM.

All destroyed now.

I hope that people will play along with one or both of your part recordings and also that we can hear the results.

Rhys

All destroyed now.

I hope that people will play along with one or both of your part recordings and also that we can hear the results.

Rhys
Hi Rhys, you can. Take your horn and play the video. Read and play the second part while I am playing the first one. Then do the opposite. As I wrote avove if you want to do a duet, record it and appear with me in the video send me a private message.

Top Bottom