All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Let me in (please)

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Hi all,

Thanks to Pete for making me aware of this site. Have already seen a few names I know from other sites. Appears to be a mostly UK persepctive. Hopefully it's OK to have someone from the opposite side of the world? Possibly some opposite points of view at times as well, which are hopefully OK.

Thanks Pete.

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Welcome aboard - some other antipodean members here too. I'm sure you'll enjoy the banter!

Cheers,

Amanda

Andante cantabile

Hi all,

Thanks to Pete for making me aware of this site. Have already seen a few names I know from other sites. Appears to be a mostly UK persepctive. Hopefully it's OK to have someone from the opposite side of the world? Possibly some opposite points of view at times as well, which are hopefully OK.

Thanks Pete.
I never asked. Sometimes I feel that I am vaguely tolerated. I am sure that you will do very well.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big welcome from Munich! There are a few Kiwis and Aussies here. And a few from the ex-colony on the west of the atlantic....

All welcome. Insanity helps.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Wade.

Good name as our tame glass blower will tell you. He is a Wade Ward fan but who isn't?

ENJOY!

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Welcome to the caff©, Wade.

Good name as our tame glass blower will tell you. He is a Wade Ward fan but who isn't?

ENJOY!
Yeehaa. Welcome Wade but we'll only let you in if you've got the medical certification.
Andrew

TomMapfumo

Hi Wade!

A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from The Skabertawe Wailers up by yer in Wales, mind! Lucky you only met France in the final. Do feel free to Wade into debates and discussions.

So, how long have you been playing, what instrument(s) do you play, what music do you like/play, what is the scene like in your part of NZ, do you soak or sand your reeds, which ligatures do you prefer, have you ever played a metal alto mouthpiece, do you play scales and/or long notes, what do you think of Sonny Rollins, have you got a Baritone yet? That should bring you up to date with what has been happening on the Forum!

I look forward to your participation on the Forum
Kind regards
Tom

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Thanks all for being so welcoming. Now that I'm in I'll try not to wee on the carpet and ask to go out before dropping any rude comments.

So many questions from Tom. Are you the local inquisition? No problem, but not sure I can answer all in one go. Started playing/learning in 1959 with a very old time pro player named Merle Johnston. I didn't study for many years and have mostly just played on and off over the years. As I live part time in New Zealand and part time in Australia I have sets of instruments in both countries. I play nino, sop, alto and tenor. I also have one C sop. I prefer fibracells but also play cane. Not picky about ligatures.
I have had a metal alto mouthpiece but can't remember what it was (maybe a link?). I don't have one now. Oh yea, just remembered it's on loan along with an old (beat up) Keilwerth alto sax to a friend who is learning.

Yes I play lots of scales and long tones. I'm OK with it but my wife hates it. Sonny R. is OK by me. Nice to think I like something about most of the famous players, but lean towards the less technical and more lyrical styles and some experimental. That's also the style I play.

I don't have a baritone and don't want one. I drag around four instruments for gigs as it is. I played Baritone in High School and didn't like it that much. Would rather play string bass if playing bass lines.

I currently have 13 tracks on soundcloud. If anyone is interested they can listen at:
http://soundcloud.com/tracks/search?q=whampton%20court
Comment if you wish.

How'd I do Tom? Time to do an auto-da-fe or will that be a cappuccino?

Cheers,

Wade

Sunray

:) noʎ ʍouʞ oʇ ʇǝƃ ǝʍ lıʇun ɟɟnʇs ʎɔınɾ ǝɥʇ ǝʌɐs ˙˙˙ ɟɟnʇs ɟo ʇɹos ʇɐɥʇ 'ɹǝʎɐld ǝʇıɹnoʌɐɟ ɹnoʎ s,oɥʍ 'ǝlʎʇs ʇɐɥʍ ˙˙˙ ɟlǝsɹnoʎ ʇnoqɐ ǝɹoɯ sn llǝʇ

˙˙˙ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ʇı ǝʇoɹʍ ı ɟı ʇsod sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ oʇ noʎ ɹoɟ ɹǝısɐǝ ǝq ʎɐɯ ʇı ʇɥƃnoɥʇ ı

˙˙˙ ǝʇɐɯ ǝɟɐɔ ǝɥʇ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ

˙˙˙ ǝpɐʍ ʎǝɥ ʎǝɥ

EDIT: I see you piped me to the post Wade, Your reply to Tom landed as I was typing ... ;}

Last edited by a moderator:

allansto

:) noʎ ʍouʞ oʇ ʇǝƃ ǝʍ lıʇun ɟɟnʇs ʎɔınɾ ǝɥʇ ǝʌɐs ˙˙˙ ɟɟnʇs ɟo ʇɹos ʇɐɥʇ 'ɹǝʎɐld ǝʇıɹnoʌɐɟ ɹnoʎ s,oɥʍ 'ǝlʎʇs ʇɐɥʍ ˙˙˙ ɟlǝsɹnoʎ ʇnoqɐ ǝɹoɯ sn llǝʇ​

˙˙˙ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ʇı ǝʇoɹʍ ı ɟı ʇsod sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ oʇ noʎ ɹoɟ ɹǝısɐǝ ǝq ʎɐɯ ʇı ʇɥƃnoɥʇ ı​

˙˙˙ ǝʇɐɯ ǝɟɐɔ ǝɥʇ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ​

˙˙˙ ǝpɐʍ ʎǝɥ ʎǝɥ​

EDIT: I see you piped me to the post Wade, Your reply to Tom landed as I was typing ... ;}​
hey sunray dont you know that its you guys that are upside down
to prove it I had to stand on my head to read what you wrote.

now wade
Where exactly are you
Australia or new zealand ? seems to me youre profile says both?

theres only one requirement to be a member of this forum!
You just have to love the sax.
mind you a little sense of humour and insanity will help you fit right in.
isnt that right sunray.:)))

Sunray

hey sunray dont you know that its you guys that are upside down to prove it I had to stand on my head to read what you wrote.

now wade
Where exactly are you
Australia or new zealand ? seems to me youre profile says both?

theres only one requirement to be a member of this forum!
You just have to love the sax.
mind you a little sense of humour and insanity will help you fit right in.
isnt that right sunray.:)))
Snuffin mate ... You wanna try typin while standin on yer ed ... :))) All the old buiscuit crumbs n stuff drop out of yer keyboard ... ;}

Oh and Yes mate - I have very little sense of humour and loads of insanity ... :w00t::)))

Rico Vandoren

Hi Wade- welcome. I'm listening to you on SoundCloud right now, and really like it. Are these your own compositions? Lovely sax sound.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Hi Wade

Welcome from me too, I guess by now you have got a feel for the cafe. Enjoy;}

Jx

Taz

Busking Oracle
Oops, I misread your name and thought there was flooding in the west country! :))):))):)))
Welcome to the cafe. I'm sure you'll fit right in. ;}

Ps coming from both, does that make you a Newzrailian or an Austrealander?

allansto

well done wade
Youre obviously alot more experienced than I first thought you were
So where do you play when in Aus.
I enjoyed your sound clouds.:welldone

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom