SOLD LESLIE EVANS -SAXOPHONE LESSONS - COMPLETE

B

brianr

Price of Item
£35
Cafe Fundraising
5 percent
Selling these, per the Title.

Im going to sell these as a result of a recent thread which talked about them.
A few folks were looking for copies of various parts of these, and I posted that I had them and may be able to help.

Ive looked them out of the attic now, but on reflection, I dont feel comfortable about photo copying them and sending them out to all who ask.

These are my originals. Bought and paid for by myself from Leslie Evans direct. Back in the 1980s.

A buyer will get exactly what I got.

A little background. Leslie Evans was a very well known sax teacher, based ( I think )in or near london.
He also sold sax mouthpieces, which I think is how I got in touch.

I was teaching myself then, but in conversation on the phone with him, he said that he had a series of sax lessons that he did, by post.

Rather than buy them individually, I just bought the whole package, in one go.

They were really great and helped me hugely to move forward, just teaching myself, with the aid of these.
They are really well thought out and he eases you through the various new stuff that he introduces.
I only got about half way through, before I found a teacher, and of course was pulled in different directions etc etc etc.
I never ever got around to completing this course and they have lain untouched, in a box, for more than 20 years.

Time for someone else to benefit from them.

They are all a series of typed sheets, together with pages of relevant musical examples.

here are the contents.

1) TONE 6 pages (no sheet music )
2) EMBOUCHURE 6 pages (no sheet music)
3) BEGINNER. these are split in to 13 seperate lessons. 60 pages of text and sheet music
4) TIMING STUDIES. these are split in to 10 seperate lessons. 21 pages of text and sheet music
(These,together with 5) and 6) are great, and will greatly help reading/counting/rhythms etc)
5) GENERAL INTERPRETATIONS (PHRASING ) OF COMMON SHAPES. 5 pages of text and sheet music.
6) COUNTING PRINCIPLES. 4 pages of text and sheet music.
7) TECHNICAL STUDIES. These are marked one page for each day of the week, over 2 weeks. Lots of different stuff to be done each day.
12 pages, as he didnt write any for Sundays !!!
8) MODERATE LESSON. I think its fair to say that from now until the end, these lessons are written from a JAZZ point of view.
So, chord types, function and application. Scales etc etc
14 seperate lessons. 52 pages of text and sheet music.
These alone will take you quite far along the road.
9) ADVANCED LESSONS. 9 seperate lessons. 41 pages of text and sheet music

Happy to provide further clarification on whats in here, if needed.

This really is a treasure chest of info for a budding jazz saxophonist.

price is 35 UK pounds, including postage to UK. ( I think I paid more than that almost 30 years ago. )

Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
Ive looked them out of the attic now, but on reflection, I dont feel comfortable about photo copying them and sending them out to all who ask.

Quite rightly so. We would not want that on the forum anyway on any publications that are still in copyright.

kevgermany

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Sorry, didn't realise they were copyright, means culpa.

stewsax

stewsax

Locality
Livingston
I will gleefully take them, thank you so much.

stewsax

stewsax

Locality
Livingston
Hi Brian remember and send me your sort code and account number so I can make payment to you, thanks

stewsax

stewsax

Locality
Livingston
Thats payment made Brian. Please forward them to
Stewart at International Foiling Solutions Ltd
Unit 3a Nasmyth Court
Houston Industrial Estate
Livingston
West Lothian
EH54 5EG
Thanks again,Stewart

B

brianr

Package now sent and donation made to Cafe.

Thanks

Jeanette

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Donation gratefully received

Many thanks

Jx