Reeds Legere on Amazon - counterfeit?

Frnic

I am thinking about trying a Legere Signature reed, and was looking on their website and on Amazon. The Amazon are $10 USD less than on their website. And the photo on amazon varies from showing he box to showing a bare reed.

Doe anyone have experience with the Amazon reeds and any reason to suspect they are counterfeit?

Jazzaferri

Legere's on Amazon.Ca are the same price I pay in retail shops. I am on PRIME so shipping would be free. If they are from Amazon I wouldn't worry. If from an associated retailer no reed experience.

randulo

19 months of alto
Subscriber
Amazon itself may be honest, but the marketplace needs scrutiny, because many unscrupulous merchants have offers there. If it's sold by "Company Something", be sure to look at their store area and see how they're rated. There are also many other mail order stores that sell reeds in every country. In the USA there must be dozens, and some will offer deals, I'd guess.

OP
F

Frnic

Amazon itself may be honest, but the marketplace needs scrutiny, because many unscrupulous merchants have offers there. If it's sold by "Company Something", be sure to look at their store area and see how they're rated. There are also many other mail order stores that sell reeds in every country. In the USA there must be dozens, and some will offer deals, I'd guess.
Thanks, I agree with all you said. We are retired and use Amazon extensively (over 500 orders per year) and are well aware of the issue with various suppliers being a problem which is why I asked here, to see if anyone here has experienced poor quality "Legere" counterfeits from Amazon.

randulo

19 months of alto
Subscriber
FWI I see a variety of prices here, some being on Amazon with Prime, other not.

Top Bottom