support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Lebayle mp Reflections

daveysaxboy

Account Closed
Trying out a new mp today,just came.Recorded Wades track Reflections on the Lebayle LR metal mp.I like it alot after an hour on it.I've had a Jazz lebayle metal sop,alto and tenor mps years back,very nice but the LR was the 1 i've been wanting to try for a long time.Worth the wait.Think good Otto Link with better ease of playing and a touch of spice on top.Thats the LR.

www.soundcloud.com/daveysax1

The difference is small but significant. I had to listen to some of your other tracks to make sure I wasn't imagining it. This mp is giving you a purer tone to my ears. No distracting little overtones that weren't really noticable till they weren't there. Good tone top to bottom and sounds like you will be able do as you like with it which helps with the being yourself thing. Enjoy.

Davey, you sound good on the new mpc. It still sounds like you though...

Chris..

The difference is small but significant. I had to listen to some of your other tracks to make sure I wasn't imagining it. This mp is giving you a purer tone to my ears. No distracting little overtones that weren't really noticable till they weren't there. Good tone top to bottom and sounds like you will be able do as you like with it which helps with the being yourself thing. Enjoy.

You will find any mp you try you will still sound like you.The best mp is 1 that makes you forget about the mp and everthing falls into place.Some help to give more edge,dark,altissimo etc but your natural sound will still come through.Its in our build,everyone is different.I play on the brighter side no matter what i play.The Lebayle LR calms it atad.I've had lots of big chamber low baffle pieces but end up going back to high baffles.The best i had on darker pieces was a Law LCD, Ted Klum Handcraft focus tone and a Sakshama Forida link.The Klum was great but on super high altissimo it was atad closed shop.Seems at 1st stabs the Lebayle may be the best of this low baffle big chamber bunch.I still need my high baffles for my mega loud pro work though.Every man for himself there.

Yeah, this sounds great. You flow effortlessly in tunes like this.
Sure, mouthpieces can make blowing easier, or enhance altissimo, but the DNA of your sound is still intact!

You're really blowing man. The resolve in your phrasing is wonderful.

I gotta say, I think this is your best work, personally speaking.....
Well done!

Agree with Mike. This is a great take and much better than the first. Has nothing to do with the mouthpiece (although maybe it matters to you). Beautifully played and capturing the feel. Lots of space, not overplayed yet with plenty of complexity.

Best track I've heard from you, and beats the heck out of all that mainstream stuff.

Yeah, this sounds great. You flow effortlessly in tunes like this.
Sure, mouthpieces can make blowing easier, or enhance altissimo, but the DNA of your sound is still intact!

You're really blowing man. The resolve in your phrasing is wonderful.

I gotta say, I think this is your best work, personally speaking.....
Well done!

Agree with Mike. This is a great take and much better than the first. Has nothing to do with the mouthpiece (although maybe it matters to you). Beautifully played and capturing the feel. Lots of space, not overplayed yet with plenty of complexity.

Best track I've heard from you, and beats the heck out of all that mainstream stuff.

Well the truth is Postman Pat came,no cat though...i ran up to my music room ,slapped on the new mp and after about 45 minutes i recorded it just to hear how the intonation and overall sound was with the mp on my chops.Seems like it worked out guys.I think the 1st take on my SR tech mp has a singing vibe to it.There is more overtones as its a higher baffle mp.The Lebayle take i was not thinking of the finished recording but just to hear my new toy.Just shows once again that at times the best takes are done on the spur of the moment,no thought works alot of the time.More relaxed,chilled.I'm glad you's both like it.Means alot from you's as i enjoy and rate your stuff very highly.

For me the mouthpiece is sooooo important. The right one is a pleasure to play and frees your mind from concentrating on what's possible and just lets you soar off wherever you want to go. Instead of thinking what you can do, you can do what you're thinking.

For me the mouthpiece is sooooo important. The right one is a pleasure to play and frees your mind from concentrating on what's possible and just lets you soar off wherever you want to go. Instead of thinking what you can do, you can do what you're thinking.

The mp/reed combo for me is more important than the horn your playing.Say your playing a 1954 MKVI and your on a mp thats not for you.It wont sound nice and you will struggle.Now you have a nice mp/reed combo and your giving a Gear4music horn,it will sound nice and you wont struggle.Now you have the mp combo go and get a better horn and every is nicer again.Simples

Wooden Lebayles are going 1/2 price at sax.co... is there a good reason for this? Are the wood ones less popular because they warp or are they easily scuffed or what?

Wooden Lebayles are going 1/2 price at sax.co... is there a good reason for this? Are the wood ones less popular because they warp or are they easily scuffed or what?

Well any wood mp can crack or warp.Theo Wannes stable wood range have been known to warp or crack so its most likely that kind of reason

And if you play really hot it can catch fire
devil-smiley-032.gif

Back
Top Bottom