support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

learning chords

Keep Blowing

Locality
Bottesford England
I have recently discovered a mobile phone app called: Chords Teacher by unity. It looks really good and is free so far.

Anyone wanting to learn chords have a try, it is a really simple to use and a good way to memorise chords.

I couldn't find it in the play store, is it iPhone only?

its an android app, I found it in the google play store. if I can figure out how to send a link I will

Towards the bottom of each app in the play store is a share icon. One of the options is copy to clipboard. You can then post the link in the thread.

I have had another look at it, can't suss a link. it is a gamya app, music school: interval and chords (looks like they have a few other apps)

let me know if you can't find it

A chord is what it says it is. If you know how they're made, you know what any chord is, by its name. Learning each chord individually seems like a marathon memory task.

Learn the chords for the tune you are learning at any given time

A chord is what it says it is. If you know how they're made, you know what any chord is, by its name. Learning each chord individually seems like a marathon memory task.
No you don't, or at least I don't. Doesn't matter what it is, I have to work it out every time. What this does, and I'll probably write a more detailed review, is give you structure and practice on the fly. And people using chords need them at their fingertips. Not after a couple of minutes thinking.

This app may be a good "short term" solution, but the best "long term" solution is to learn intervals and how they go together to produce chords. The ancillary to this is to learn all of the major scales and understand how the scale tones produce the chords in that key.

Well a chord is always what it says it is, but unless you have the notes mentally internalised and know what they feel like to play on your instrument then it’s not a lot of use?

I suppose we're all different. I find it quite simple, after a few decades of struggling, I try not to internalise things. I get heart burn.