All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

Beginner Laura

DaveW

Crazydaisydoo has just posted Laura on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuUHRjrqOKM&feature=sub

Now I will show my musical ignorance.

The piano on the backing track does not sound 'right' to me. Does anyone else feel the same and if so why doesn't it sound right, is it wrong key, chord changes not matching Matthew's tenor ( or t'other way around) or what?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Funny, I was listening to this a couple of days ago, really enjoyed it. Have been a quiet fan of his since I first discovered him from SOTW.

On the backing track, I didn't really notice it first time through, was too busy listening to the sax, which is comparatively loud. Listended again just now. Seems as if the pianist is doing more than supporting, almost as if he's competing with the sax. Timing seems off in a few places as well, but it's probably me.

AdamBradley

I think the pianist is just using a hell of a lot of scrummy substitutions. Sounds like he has a healthy diet of Bill Evans :)

Doesn't he mention that it's a backing track? he said " I stumbled across this backing on Jam Session by aebersold" in his info column.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom