All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

SOLD Late Buescher (Selmer USA) Aristocrat 200 Alto

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
This alto has been very kindly donated for sale by Cafe member gnu.

Serial number is in the 1141654

I've never seen one of these looking quite so new. He says it's just been sitting in it's case unplayed, and that is exactly how it seems. If I bought this from a shop, and the description was "ex demo" I would not complain. Lacquer would be 100% if not for a teeny scratch, which with great difficulty I managed to photograph, and some slight marks on the lacquer of the bow, also visible in the images.

Apart from that the pads are are in great nick, though sticky (due to being left unplayed in the case I presume). The action is tight, springs, corks and felts look as new. Very clean (apart from my fingerprints). Nice case, with Selmer cork grease, Bundy mouthpiece, original documentation.

I would suggest a price of £210 if I had the time to get the pads de-stickied, but this really needs the left and right stacks removed and a good going over the tone holes and pads with lighter fluid, an hour's work for a tech or basic DIY job. So I think £180 is a very fair price. Postage will be about £12 in the UK.

All the money (100%) will go to the charity (Thanks GNU)

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Sold to the gentleman from Hong Kong, sorry pedro you were just too late!

Kingsleyhk

Thanks Pete - sorry Pedro. Just a two minute negotiation with the wife and I hit the button!

Really looking forward to owning an alto again.

gnu

:) Excellent! I'm glad it's gone to a good home..... and helped a good cause :thumb: My bass is much more me, I'm enjoying every moment with it - although my teacher just keeps shaking her head :confused: as I hit (yet another) bum high G. Definitely NOT appearing in a theater near you any time soon :blush:

gnu:)))

Kingsleyhk

Thank you Gnu - your kind donation will be much appreciated here in Hong Kong - and in its new home in a few months in Indonesia. It's going to be a much travelled saxophone!

pedro

Haven't been on here for ages then miss what I'm after by minutes. Thanks anyway Gnu and good luck to you KinglseyHK. I couln't manage SE Asia, Greece was where I was taking it, there for it to rest on my boat in between my visits there. hey ho. Back to torturing the Greeks with the harmonica!

Kingsleyhk

Sax has just arrived and I've given it a bit of a blow over and it seems in great condition - wife also appproves!

Many thanks again to Gnu and to Pete.

gnu

Hope you can do it more justice than me keeping it in a cupboard for 20+ years! :blush: Wishing you many hours of happy blowing :thumb:

george

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Sax has just arrived and I've given it a bit of a blow over and it seems in great condition - wife also appproves!
Haha, the journey must have helped to unsticky those pads!

Yes, I've never seen such a horn in quite such pristine condition. And I found it a surprisingly good player for the reputation the post Selmer Bueschers seem to have (unjustly) gained.

Kingsleyhk

Bit of gunk in the pads and I'll need to do a bit more work on it but really not bad. And it really sounds fine.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom