All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Last night at the Donkey

Clivey

I just think it`s great that you are doing this type of music ( I`m thinking it`s an original)and getting applause as opposed to flogging a bunch of tired covers and the sound was alright too . well done

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
I just think it`s great that you are doing this type of music ( I`m thinking it`s an original)and getting applause as opposed to flogging a bunch of tired covers and the sound was alright too . well done

Absolutely agree with the above... great energy

I'm a bit worried about the pensive look of the trumpeter during your solo... was he relieving himself into a pint pot?

Fraser Jarvis

I'm a bit worried about the pensive look of the trumpeter during your solo... was he relieving himself into a pint pot?
No he always looks like that, great musician and a really nice guy, he's doing an eleven day tour of Europe with another band he's with soon and has sailed across the Atlantic single handed as well!

ArtyLady

Nice one! I enjoyed your solo - I thought it had just the right feel and sat really well with the music :thumb:

Fraser Jarvis

Nice one! I enjoyed your solo - I thought it had just the right feel and sat really well with the music :thumb:
Thanks Laura, it just doesn't sound like a saxophone though does it? or is it me just getting fed up of hearing myself play all the while?

Fraser Jarvis

Sounded fine to me last night :D

View attachment 2364
Oh God someone was taking pictures,ha ha, nice to meet you last night Tim, was coming to look for you for a better chat when i put my sax away but due to the fact that i was half cut i completely forgot what you looked like..sorry! if you have any more pictures maybe you could e-mail them over?

Did you stop for the rest of the night? and what did you recon to Drew's playing? not to bad is he?

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
Oh God someone was taking pictures,ha ha, nice to meet you last night Tim, was coming to look for you for a better chat when i put my sax away but due to the fact that i was half cut i completely forgot what you looked like..sorry! if you have any more pictures maybe you could e-mail them over?

Did you stop for the rest of the night? and what did you recon to Drew's playing? not to bad is he?

Good meeting you too Fraser. We moved to the back of the room after your set, and spent about another hour or so at the back before leaving. I don't have any more pics, sorry, I was too busy enjoying your set! I'll bring my posh camera along next time, promise!

Drew was the sax player for the second band? Yep, he sounded good, and their trombonist was tasty too, but as I said in the original thread, we preferred you lot. Proper live band with loads of energy :thumb:

Fraser Jarvis

Drew was the sax player for the second band? Yep, he sounded good, and their trombonist was tasty too, but as I said in the original thread, we preferred you lot. Proper live band with loads of energy :thumb:
Wow what a compliment thank you very much, and theres me worrying about that solo!

Fraser Jarvis

Funny, that's what mine always sounds like to me too!!!
Was chatting to Drew earlier on fb and he said he cant listen to his own stuff either....also i had a Laurel Aitken cd on in the van last week and Steve said did i have anything else to put on as he found it embarrassing! weird though isn't it!

ArtyLady

Was chatting to Drew earlier on fb and he said he cant listen to his own stuff either....also i had a Laurel Aitken cd on in the van last week and Steve said did i have anything else to put on as he found it embarrassing! weird though isn't it!

I've heard this said by some really top players too! Apparently it is the same principle as not liking the sound of your own voice?

Rick Reed

Sounded good to me Fraser. I also hate listening to myself and avoid it at all costs if possible. There is always going to be pressure when your playing on the same bill as The Specials sax player lol.

I have played at the Donkey with my band Special Brew. From what I recall the stage is very small.

Our lead singer Simon Kelly lives in Quorn, do you know him?

It's great to see bands doing fresh and original ska songs. Keep up the good work mate!

Fraser Jarvis

There is always going to be pressure when your playing on the same bill as The Specials sax player lol. Ha ha, we know each other so i knew what to expect!

Our lead singer Simon Kelly lives in Quorn, do you know him?
Small world my friend Steve who used to play drums for the Hunters Club in the 90s mentioned some guy who is or was in a Ska band who lives in the village, then we were on a night out in the Muso in Leicester at Christmas and met him, nice guy, turns out he lives literally just round the corner!

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom