• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SOLD Lamberson FMaj7 Alto Mouthpiece .090 tip

mchillaz

I am selling a Lamberson FMaj7 Alto Mouthpiece (white acetal).

I bought this mouthpiece very recently on another forum and while it is a fantastic mouthpiece it's just not what I'm looking for and it's too valuable to keep if I'm not likely to play it, I need the money for other saxophone related things. It is in immaculate as new condition with no marks or imperfections whatsoever.

I am based in London, UK. I paid 475 dollars including shipping (which was within the US as a friend brought it back to the UK for me) which works out to about £312 pounds. I will sell it for that same price, I would like to get my money back but I'm not looking to make a profit. For that price I will pay for shipping within the UK, if you want shipping outside the UK there may be an extra charge, which we can discuss at the time. It won't be more than a few pounds though in my experience. I will make the customary donation.

If you want to come to North West London you are welcome to play test the mouthpiece. The price is not negotiable. Mouthpieces of this kind regularly go for a lot more than this on eBay, this is a steal for the money and especially hard to come by in the UK. I am going to put the mouthpiece on eBay as well but will happily close the auction early if someone wants to buy it privately on here.

IMG_1007.jpgIMG_1008.jpgIMG_1009.jpg

I would be interested in trades (or partial trades) for other alto mouthpieces, trying to find the perfect mouthpiece for my new Conn 6m, my previous favourite a Phil-Tone Meyer 8 is a little too dark and stuffy on this horn, would be interested in other hand-finished Meyer style pieces or other medium or large chamber alto mouthpieces.

just a thought, have you spoken to Phil at Philtone about adjusting the Meyer to suit the Conn?

It's a really good idea and it did cross my mind, but I think I will hold on to the Meyer as is because it plays PERFECTLY on my other alto (a series III which I've had forever). There are things I'm not happy with with the way the Series III responds but those things aren't down to the mouthpiece, I will keep the Meyer for playing on that horn. Even though I'm trying something new with the Conn, it's nice to know that my old setup that's so familiar to me is still there, I know if all else fails I can do my thing on that setup.

I am going to go down to Howarths today and do a bit of mouthpiece research...

Another thought - Pete's PPT mouthpieces are made by Ed Pillinger (the non-metal ones) and Morgan Fry (the metal ones). Maybe talk to one of them. Morgan's a member here, Ed's in Middlesex, so a visit may be possible after you've phoned him. Morgan's in Leeds, so may be a bit far if you're a southener, which I assume as you're going to Howarths.

http://www.pillingermouthpieces.co.uk/
http://morganfrymouthpieces.com/

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom