All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

M/Pieces - Ligs Lakey vs Otto

Tommy Ng

Received my 2 Lakeys from states. The tenor lakey sounds great, edgy, bright, beefy, and loud as what expected. The alto lakey is dead on my walstein.

I have a metal tenor otto 6 which sounds really great. Just went to a shop in leeds to order one for my alto, £160.

;}

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
Beware Otto Links on alto. Never seem as good as they do on tenor.

freddysilk

I agree with Pete on the Otto Link on alto. Not a good match for an alto. The only sax it sounds good on was the Cannonball but I tried out the mouthpiece to see how it sounds eventhough my main alto wasn't a cannonball big bell so I ended up selling it on Ebay. No projection, horrible tone, and too stuffy on altos. I'm not familiar with the Lakeys so I can't comment on them.

OP
Tommy Ng

Tommy Ng

I agree with Pete on the Otto Link on alto. Not a good match for an alto. The only sax it sounds good on was the Cannonball but I tried out the mouthpiece to see how it sounds eventhough my main alto wasn't a cannonball big bell so I ended up selling it on Ebay. No projection, horrible tone, and too stuffy on altos. I'm not familiar with the Lakeys so I can't comment on them.

How much you sold yours on ebay?? :confused:

saxnik

My Link 7* sounds ok on my vintage King - probably depends on the sax really (and the player), since I agree with you when playing on the Yamaha YAS62. Which piece is best with the Yamaha needs some thought. Or maybe I'll just wait until I get a posh alto of my very own...? Horses for courses.

Haven't tried much to be honest - Berg Larsen was too brash, ebonite Selmer too refined, so sticking with the Link for now.

Nick

AlanU

The metal Otto Link suited Peter King for many years.

My 5*sounds fine with my Martin Handcraft stencil.

OP
Tommy Ng

Tommy Ng

My metal otto 6 does sound a bit stuffy on walstein alto at the beginning. After trying a few different reeds, i found that it is better with ZZ reeds.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom