Tutorials

M/Pieces - Ligs Lakey mpcs...a question

Adrian63

Morning all :
I'm not familiar with the way Lakey give out their mpc specs / measurements .
6 x 3 ?? I guess the six is the tip opening but the three...no idea ?
I could look on the Lakey site but I prefer here and it goes down on record for others who may come across them..
Thanks...

thomsax

Rubber alto 6*3 "Warmly bright, fortissimo projektion" , 0.090" tip opening.
Rubber tenor 6*3 "Warmly bright, fortissimo projektion" , 0.105" tip opening.

I don't remember the design of the chamber/baffle? A good mouthpiece, easy to blow. Perfekt for the returning honker. Just altos and tenors.

thomsax

Hi Thom : how are you man ?
Thanks for the info...the " returning honker "...:)
Just fine, thank you. I used to buy saxes in USA back in the 80's and 90's. I bought "vintage" and student saxes (King, Indiana, Conn, Bundy ....). The were shipped to me by boat and I use to fill up the space in small box/container the with student saxes (I paid for volume and not for weight). The "vintage" went to the SML-tech. I did the student saxes myself. Used to be 2 mouthpieces in the cases. Often Meyer (USA) or Cladey Lakey. The Lakey mpc's were popular among buyers/players who were returning to the sax after some years. But it's many years ago and I don't know if Lakey is still on the market?

Adrian63

All interesting stuff Thom thankyou : I know of somebody else who shipped in from the USA using the same volume method . Don't know if he is still in business...it's a tale and a half !!
I have tried a tenorsax Lakey and they blow real easy...

Rojaros

There is a soprano Lakey as well... I didn't like it. I have one for alto, it's easy blowing (only the lowest notes need an extra good support). Personally I find it too edgy with little nuances. Just loud and easy to cut through, sometimes almost trumpet like... IMHO tends to intonate a bit high in the upper register.

Top Bottom