All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

SOLD Kohlert Pennsylvania Special Alto for sale

Melissa

Locality
Northamptonshire UK
Hi all,

I am selling my Kohlert Pennsylvania Special alto, recently fully overhauled by Griff, plays exceptionally well, this is in some circles the equivalent to the ladyfaces, underslung neck, rolled tone holes and has huge tone, it is in plain brass finish but ask Griff, it is honestly a monster player.

£600 to anyone on the forum, this is a cafe special-only available to forum members as I have it for sale elsewhere for far more. 5% to the charity and payment either over the phone via Worldpay or bank transfer, if you must paypal then you pay the cost or send as gift. + Shipping is £20 insured 24 hr within the UK, Will sell to members in the EU. This is a steal at this price, I sold my last one for £800.
Pennsylvania Special Kohlert.JPG
Pennsylvania Special Kohlert (9).JPG
Pennsylvania Special Kohlert (5).JPG

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Full pearls as well... These were made by Kohlert for Selmer and sold as Selmers. I've not seen one with an underslung neck before, might not be original, but as long as it plays (and I'm sure it does)...

This is a bargain for someone!

thomsax

Locality
Sweden
Very nice sax! IMO Kohlert is often an overlooked manufactor when we talk about good old saxes. I think Kohlert is a mix of old Conns and Kings. Before H.N. White company (King) began to manufactor thier own saxes they distributed Kohlert saxes in USA.

This sax is a "keeper". Keep it!!

Melissa

Locality
Northamptonshire UK
Full pearls as well... These were made by Kohlert for Selmer and sold as Selmers. I've not seen one with an underslung neck before, might not be original, but as long as it plays (and I'm sure it does)...

This is a bargain for someone!

I have to respectfully disagree Kev, only some had the Selmer London stamp around the bell ring, others like this one did not, this is 100% thoroughbred Kohlert and the underslung neck is original, this is the second I have had the pleasure to own, that also had the underslung (Conn 'M' type neck) and sold to a French collector of Kohlert saxes for £800 some two years ago... actually, he is the guy who has the French metal Clarinet site ;) He still loves it an would not part with it, and he regularly sells saxes on ebay.fr :)

Melissa

Locality
Northamptonshire UK
I have to agree that it is a bargain though!
Very nice sax! IMO Kohlert is often an overlooked manufactor when we talk about good old saxes. I think Kohlert is a mix of old Conns and Kings. Before H.N. White company (King) began to manufactor thier own saxes they distributed Kohlert saxes in USA.

This sax is a "keeper". Keep it!!

I wish you had not said that, I loathed myself for selling the first one I had!!! I did promise myself I would never sell the next I came across!

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Thanks for the update. I learned something new.:)

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom