support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Koen & The Gang - Too Hot

Koen88

Sax Drinker / Beer player
Hey everybody,

since Just the two of Koen I had little time to record something.. but today I made time! I was studying and needed a break.. No better way to relax and forget your worries as playing sax... or maybe something that word comes very close to ;}

it isnt perfect in the end it got a little bit messy sometimes.. and the backing track sounds a bitt odd maybe round 2.35 but hey for an early after dinner recording I'm quite content with the result.

but shoot me down if/when you see it fit.

it's a recording of Kool and The Gang with Too Hot.. which I was in need for after playing in church this morning with the windband I'm in.. and the church was definitely Too Cold.. it took an hour until I felt my feet again ;-).

her goes.

http://snd.sc/13MewQv

Last edited by a moderator:
Great choice of song by a monster band.Good to see you posting clips again.Some nice phrasing in there.Only thing other is watch some of the intonation but overall a fine old job.Welldone.

Great choice of song by a monster band.Good to see you posting clips again.Some nice phrasing in there.Only thing other is watch some of the intonation but overall a fine old job.Welldone.

thanks for the reply and glad you liked it Davey! yeah I heard it too when I listened to the recording.. during playing I didnt notice it so much..

could it be that the backing has A=440 and my tuning is A=442? because I did tune before recording (on 442)?

or do you mean the note round 3.30? that was actually a "wrong" note that I dissolved up to another note or at least tried to.

but I didnt have time to do more takes and "perfect" it so this is a bit of a raw take but that has some charm to it in my opinion. And in this manner you can judge my normal playing abillity...

looking forward to your next recording (session)!

Like Davey said nice phrasing with a good feel for the song. Change in the edit at around 3:00, which sounded much better. Most of the time you were too far back in the mix. From a strictly personal point of view I'd have preferred fewer grace notes. Paying attention to the support and intensity of your tone is difficult to maintain 100% of the time (well, it is for me), but you're mostly there. Nice job!

Like Davey said nice phrasing with a good feel for the song. Change in the edit at around 3:00, which sounded much better. Most of the time you were too far back in the mix. From a strictly personal point of view I'd have preferred fewer grace notes. Paying attention to the support and intensity of your tone is difficult to maintain 100% of the time (well, it is for me), but you're mostly there. Nice job!

yeah I heard that too.. it's not so much the edit but more that I shifted more towards the microphone... I used a clip-on which I clamped onto my desk to reduce the pad noise, and I was sitting at my desk in a rotating chair whilst recording..

yeah those grace notes are an effect of how I have a song in my head I think.. It could have been more subtle.. but also a matter of taste / style.

thanks for the feedback!

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom