All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Accessories Klangbogen & La Freque Step Aside For My Own Proprietary Sound Enhancers

Jazz Is All

P2240092.JPG

Jazz Is All

I'll have you know that those do not come in cereal boxes but are an invention of a brilliant industrial mind. They use magnetism in the base to act upon the sound waves as they exit the bell and give them greater impetus and power. For ballads, you close the bodies of the balls and for up-tempo hard bop and blues you open half way. When you open them all the way all hell breaks loose and that is perfect for Free Jazz and Rock.

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Subscriber
I remember these. My kids had some, but it feels that was years ago!

How did you glue them on? These are magnetic, but brass or copper alloys aren't magnetic...

PigSquealer

Connoisseur of applesauce
Subscriber
I'll have you know that those do not come in cereal boxes but are an invention of a brilliant industrial mind. They use magnetism in the base to act upon the sound waves as they exit the bell and give them greater impetus and power. For ballads, you close the bodies of the balls and for up-tempo hard bop and blues you open half way. When you open them all the way all hell breaks loose and that is perfect for Free Jazz and Rock.
I am assuming certain styles of Ballard playing could induce motorboating. A very violent low frequency. Do these automatically eject off the bell rim into the bow. Instant motorboat fix. Is there a introductory special price for acquiring four. Optional designs. I might be interested in a pig style.

PigSquealer

Connoisseur of applesauce
Subscriber

How did you glue them on? These are magnetic, but brass or copper alloys aren't magnetic...
Benards acoustic research shows that air flow over a lacquer may cause static that attracts polyester. PVC is Polyester Vehicle Chemical. Play fast enough and they will hold the surface.

Jazz Is All

No glue is needed. There is a steel wire underneath the rolled rim of the bell on the Martins....or at least I assume so because the magnets in their bases hold them to it.

Yes these were borrowed from my son a few years ago. After all I was the one who bought him all of them bit by bit every time we were in a store, so I took a few to experiment with them in a very scientifically controlled way. Now he's 20, so I can fit a couple of dozen saxes with them given the size of the collection.

Top Bottom