support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones King Cleveland tenor?

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Locality
England, UK
I have always been intrigued by the King Cleveland/613 saxes. There are loads of altos but tenors don't pop up too often. There is one up for grabs now but the l/h keys look slightly uncomfortable to say the least. Does anyone have an opinion on how these saxes sound and play etc. The one i'm interested in is a 60's model and not really a bad price tag. I have a lawton metal 6* m/piece which packs a real punchy sound so maybe I could team this up with a fat sounding sax!
I played a 1926 Martin handcraft for a while and although it had a beautiful sound I just gave in with the l/h keywork. Everything was just too clumsy!!
Many thanks

I have always been intrigued by the King Cleveland/613 saxes. There are loads of altos but tenors don't pop up too often. There is one up for grabs now but the l/h keys look slightly uncomfortable to say the least. Does anyone have an opinion on how these saxes sound and play etc. The one i'm interested in is a 60's model and not really a bad price tag. I have a lawton metal 6* m/piece which packs a real punchy sound so maybe I could team this up with a fat sounding sax!
I played a 1926 Martin handcraft for a while and although it had a beautiful sound I just gave in with the l/h keywork. Everything was just too clumsy!!
Many thanks

This saxes are ok but I think a used sax like Yamaha 25 is a better buy. They are simular to Conn, Armstrong... from the 70's. The Cleveland was King company student saxes. I saw a King tenor 615 the other week for 3000 s e k (c £ 250.00) and it's the right price!!

Some info about King 615(tenor) from a King Musical instruments Inc, sales brochure from the early 80's.
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm201/thomsax/?action=view&current=Kingstudent613615.jpg

Thomas

Back
Top Bottom