All fees from subs and sales are supporting musicians suffering hardship due to COVID-19
SYOS

King Biscuit The Bedford Balham December 3rd

MMM

Hello All,

The band I play in (King Biscuit) is playing at the Bedford pub in Balham on December 3rd. We will be joined by the "Peter Parker Rock and Roll Club" a really interesting duo (check them out on YouTube!) and a DJ.

King Biscuit is a 7 piece playing blues, R&B tunes. Like us and share our Facebook page!
I hope to see some of you there, if you do turn up come and say hello, I'll be the only sax player!
Thank you! M.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Do you know what time you are on and finishing?

I was really hoping to go as I am in London that weekend but have tickets for Kew Gardens that evening too.

Jx

OP
MMM

MMM

Do you know what time you are on and finishing?

I was really hoping to go as I am in London that weekend but have tickets for Kew Gardens that evening too.

Jx
Hi @Jeanette, starts around 9:00 finishes around 11:00, not sure who will be playing first yet!
Best, M

rhysonsax

Sounds like fun - I hope it goes well.

Interesting name for the band - was it influenced by "King Pleasure and the Biscuit Boys" (they are a great live band) and is it that sort of music ?

Rhys

OP
MMM

MMM

Sounds like fun - I hope it goes well.

Interesting name for the band - was it influenced by "King Pleasure and the Biscuit Boys" (they are a great live band) and is it that sort of music ?

Rhys
Cheers Rhys!
The name was actually taken from King Biscuit Time, the longest running radio show of all times, which inspired many blues musicians in the US as it was one of the first shows broadcasting African American music in the 40s.
Cheers, M.

Young Col

Good luck, M! I know the Bedford. As it happens I was playing in an occasional sax quartet (for five) at a friend's house off the top of Bedford Hill only last week.
Jeanette, I hope the Kew Gardens illuminations are as good as the Chiswick House ones we went to in March. A quite spectacular evening! As it happens, my band, the Redstone Community Big Band, have a family and friends Christmas gig in the afternooon of 3 December. That's in Salfords (with an "s") just south of Redhill in Surrey.You and other caf members are very welcome. What a weekend of music!

OP
MMM

MMM

Thanks @Young Col , I used to play with the Redstone Community Band before it was renamed! Glad it's still going strong, it was really good to see very young players alongside more "mature" players.
Is Bernie (alto/clarinet) still there? He's such a good sax player! Shame I can't make your Christmas gig.
Cheers, M.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
@Jeanette Just found out we will be on second, around 9:15 / 9:30, our set lasts about 40 minutes!
Hope to see you there!
Thanks, a friend has booked the tickets for the gardens so not sure what time we are there but if I can make it I will.

Jx

Young Col

Thanks M. Great that you used to play in the Redstone band. Must admit I don't know much of the history. I've been playing tenor with them for a year now. Unfortunately there are hardly any very young (that's a relative term when you get to my age) players at the moment, but a majority of older (I hesitate to call myself mature) ones, but all great people. Bernie is indeed still lead alto/clarinet. He really is a very good player, probably the stand out musician in the whole band. Our conductor/director these days is Graham Russell, a pro trumpeter, who continually improves us and is also great fun.
Have a good one!
YC.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
@MMM I'm not sure we will make it, our tickets for Kew Gardens are 8.15 :(

Do let me know next time you are playing though :)

Jx

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom