support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Keyboards Keyboard Recommendation

GsySaxMan

Hi,

Can anyone give me a recommendation on a suitable entry level keyboard, budget of around the £150 mark.

I thought now might be a good time to get hold of something that will help me with my musical theory education, especially when I am trying to learn chord theory and follow some of Pete's teachings on tamingthesax.

Was thinking about the Yamaha PSR-E323 on musicroom.com at £144

Thanks for any thoughts.

I Have the NP30 and its pretty good. It obviously doesn't have as many features as some keyboards but as Filton says, the sounds are as close as you will get to real keys for the price, from all the keyboards I tried anyway. Oh and they have a lot more keys than some keyboards which can sometime be beneficial, depending on what you want to do.

I think I may have got a good deal at the time though as I only spent £180 for a brand new one from Dolphin music, it now looks like they are going for over the £200 mark for new ones.

Also the NP30 has a very good 'feel' the keys are touch sensitive and have a similar feel to a weighted key even though they are sprung.

I guess it depends what you want to do though, another thing to consider could be a midi Keyboard if you have a reasonable computer?

Hey Old Git
Nothing wrong with the 9K Pro other than being a "tad" on the heavy side. But a great keyboard, was and still is the mainstay of a lot of players.