key risers

jonf

any good or not?
comments please
Also useful if you have extremely long fingers and a vintage sax. My elderly Buescher sop and alto have very low palm keys. Because of my long fingers, the palm of my left hand is too far away from the keys to play them comfortably, particulary on the sop, which has absolutely tiny keys. The key risers make the sax playable.

Also useful if you have extremely long fingers and a vintage sax. My elderly Buescher sop and alto have very low palm keys. Because of my long fingers, the palm of my left hand is too far away from the keys to play them comfortably, particulary on the sop, which has absolutely tiny keys. The key risers make the sax playable.

Same here - I have a mk 7, which has very big hand span, but I have huge hands, and without them my palm keys are a good inch from my fingers.

If you don't want to splash out and try out how it'll feel, until a couple of weeks ago I had thick elastic bands wrapped round each key and these worked fine.

(beware - should be fine for a week or so to try but if you want to keep your laquer on you palm keys dont leave the same rubber band on for a full year with heavy playing until it becomes a big blob of gooey rubber and you have to peel it off! :)

Oli

Tutorials
Top Bottom