All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

M/Pieces - Ligs Karl Meyer Alto

Locality
kent
As some of you may remember i posted a thread concerning the fact that i had been offered the chance to buy the afore mentioned alto,and i promised that if i ended up buying it i would "report back" well here goes.
I purchased it about two months ago, having just about given up on it, the guy i bought it from,was an old jazzer who has developed arthritis in his hands, but the Alto held fond memories for him, so i didn't push him, i figured if he decided to sell it i would buy, if not then fine.
after several months he contacted me to ask if i was still interested, i handed over two hundred pounds,and the deal was done.
He had originally said that he would throw in a couple of Otto links and a dukof mouthpiece,but he said due to his health problems, he had to sell them, which i cant say i blame him for, but he said he had put three spare mouthpieces in the case , these turned out to be a white Brilhart Tonalin 4*, a Meyer 4m metal mouthpiece with an attractive fluted design and a slide on lig and a white Dearman super.
so i think for two hundred notes i aint done bad!
playing wise, i have been very pleasantly surprised, i have used it on both rock and jazz gigs and its not half bad, ok, its not a mark six but for a cheapy it handles the job pretty respectably
the ergonomics are reasonable and after giving it a bit of a polish and oiling, its got a good responsive action.
so now my Cigar Cutter can have a well earned rest,

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Sounds like you've done well. Those mouthpieces alone would cover the price...

Staff online

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom