All profit supporting   special needs music

Karen Sharp

chadders

Locality
Wrexham.
Saw Karen Sharp last night in the North Wales Jazz society. Absolutely brilliant! Backed by a superb trio she gave a stunning performance. - She played a number of tracks off her Spirit album plus some standards.
The pianist with her was outstanding as well - very creative playing, but cant remember his name (doh!)

Wish I was seeing them again tonight !!

Young Col

Locality
Coulsdon, London/Surrey
Glad you enjoyed it Chadders!
I've seen Karen in a number of musical settings and she's always great value. The Spirit album is very different to her previous album, Brandy and Beer (a Zoot Sims/Al Cohn tribute) but none the less good. Those of us from Caff Sax who attended one or both of her impro workshops, the instigation of which I think we owe much to Half Diminished (where are you these days, Ian?) will know that Karen is a highy accomplished musician and a really nice person. I still regard playing an alto/tenor duet of the head of Stanley Turrentine's Sugar with her as a highly privileged point of my late, short (so far) career!
YC

dooce

Locality
Daventry
Glad you enjoyed it Chadders!
I've seen Karen in a number of musical settings and she's always great value. The Spirit album is very different to her previous album, Brandy and Beer (a Zoot Sims/Al Cohn tribute) but none the less good. Those of us from Caff Sax who attended one or both of her impro workshops, the instigation of which I think we owe much to Half Diminished (where are you these days, Ian?) will know that Karen is a highy accomplished musician and a really nice person. I still regard playing an alto/tenor duet of the head of Stanley Turrentine's Sugar with her as a highly privileged point of my late, short (so far) career!
YC

Agreed, that was a special day.