All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Just to say hello [for now :)]

arya44

Hello there,
I thought I add myself to this forum as well. I've been with SaxOnTheWeb for more than a year and appreciate the community forum and the knowledge exchange. I thought probably I can expand on that by adding myself to this one as well. I've been playing Tenor sax for a couple of years almost and Soprano sax for less than a year. I've done quite a reseach (ongoing) for finding the patterns in the behaviour of saxophones, mouthpieces, and reeds of course subject to my embouchure, chest, etc. I really enjoy learning that knowledge. Also I'm amazed with how brain and muscles works in developing the tone even using the same equipment. It's almost like magic!!! Something is definitely happening in the subconcious level, and it's fascinating to pay attention to ways the prolonged practice evolves things. Perhaps there are much more to mind and matter working their way in this process. I don't have any clear idea but I'm enjoying every moment of it.
I have the background of engineering and sound design and play a few other instruments.
I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada and it's cold here right now!!
For time being, I have a tenor Yamaha YTS-61 with a vintage metal Berg Larsen duckbill 85/0 SMS, a Wurlitzer curved soprano with a relatively vintage hard rubber Berg Larsen 60/2 SMS.
Cheers,
Arya

navarro

Hi Arya and welcome to the cafe. The only `stampede` here is great advice, good fun and the odd sarcastic comment thrown in . All in the best possible taste of course. Best regards Lassoes at the ready. N.

TomMapfumo

Hi Arya!

A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from The Fraser Jarvis Reggae Skiffle Band down by yer in Skabertawe in South Wales, mind! Glad you are enjoying the sax world, particularly some of the Bb instruments. When I started on Soprano sax my first mouthpiece was a Berg Larsen 65/2!

What sort of music do you like playing? I'm a North European Jazz fan so love Jan Garbarek, Nils Petter Molvaer and others. I always order ligatures from Canada (Marc Jean - top man!). I hope that you have a good time here!

Kind regards
Tom

arya44

Thanks to all of you for your welcome messages. I feel I am in a nice circle of like-minded people.

arya44

Hi Arya!

A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from The Fraser Jarvis Reggae Skiffle Band down by yer in Skabertawe in South Wales, mind! Glad you are enjoying the sax world, particularly some of the Bb instruments. When I started on Soprano sax my first mouthpiece was a Berg Larsen 65/2!

What sort of music do you like playing? I'm a North European Jazz fan so love Jan Garbarek, Nils Petter Molvaer and others. I always order ligatures from Canada (Marc Jean - top man!). I hope that you have a good time here!

Kind regards
Tom
Hi Tom,
I also love the tone and tunes of Garbarek especially on Soprano sax. I also like Tore Brunborg's tone on Tenor and soprano especially on album with Tord Gustavsen Quartet "The Well".
Cheers,
Arya

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom