All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Just saying Hi

Alan M

Hi from a complete newbie, the wrong side of fifty, living in the north east of England.
I`ve wanted to learn to play the sax for a long time but, for a number of reasons, I`ve not got round to it. My wife used to play years ago and fancied picking it up again. As a result I have just aquired a very nice BW tenor and we`re both going to just go with the flow and see where we end up. :cheers:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome to the cafe Alan, can we assume that Mrs M is going to be joining us on here too?
I hope you both enjoy your shared journey.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big welcome from me. Have fun here. Too many of us the wrong side of 50....

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Welcome to the cafe, hope you enjoy learning your new sax:)

Jx

Last edited by a moderator:

Filton

Cool stuff... must congratulate you on your choice of BW Tenow :) .. so is Mrs M Tenor also or are you aiming to have one half of a quartet between you ?

Alan M

can we assume that Mrs M is going to be joining us on here too? I hope you both enjoy your shared journey
Quite possibly and thank you.

Big welcome from me. Have fun here. Too many of us the wrong side of 50....
Cheers I should feel at home then ;}

Welcome to the cafe, hope yopu enjoy learning your new sax
Thank you.

Cool stuff... must congratulate you on your choice of BW Tenow :) .. so is Mrs M Tenor also or are you aiming to have one half of a quartet between you ?
Thanks very much. We just have the one tenor between us at the moment.

Hi Alan, welcome to the Cafe
Cheers.:cheers:

Pyrografix

Senile Member
HI,

And welcome, from another BW tenor player! Look forward to hearing about your progress.

Cheers,

Amanda

Alan M

Hello Alan, and welcome to the cafe. Duets are such fun and you know what that means?
Hi and thanks. As for duets. it means I need to get a whole lot better :blush: and my wallet is going to take another hit :eek:

HI,

And welcome, from another BW tenor player! Look forward to hearing about your progress
Thanks. I`ve a feeling progress may be a little slow but hopefully, I`ll get there.

Plod

Hi Alan, Also the wrong side of 50, and only been playing sax a couple of years, although did play Eb Tuba in a brass Band in my teens, all those welsh miner's did for me was teach me how to Drink, beside my Alto is much easier to carry.

You'll have to buy another Sax mate, the wife will only complain you didn't clean it, or put it away after you.

All the best to you both, and compliments of the season

Rikki

Hi Alan,

A warm welcome, and good choice of sax! keep us updated on your progress and ask anything you like, no matter how daft it may seem!

Regards and Happy Xmas Rikki

Alan M

You'll have to buy another Sax mate, the wife will only complain you didn't clean it, or put it away after you.

All the best to you both, and compliments of the season
MMM... I trhink you may be right there:)
All the very best to you too:cheers:

Hi Alan,

A warm welcome, and good choice of sax! keep us updated on your progress and ask anything you like, no matter how daft it may seem!

Regards and Happy Xmas Rikki
Thanks very much. I`m sure I`ll have plenty to ask about. Happy Christmas to you too.:cheers:

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Alan M and more importantly Mrs. M.

Wrong side of fifty? These bloody teenagers have no stamina, have they Mrs. M? Come south to a civilised area. >:) Guaranteed the best rioters and looters in the UK. >:)

ENJOY!

TomMapfumo

Hi Alan!

A Big Welcome from all at the Skabertawe Lites, down by yer in Wales, mind! I started the right side of 50, but crossed over to your side a few years ago. As far as I can see starting "Late" is extremely common. After 40 many folks invest in a pile of complicated metal -either a motorbike, or sax, or both. A sax is the safer/cheaper of the two, usually!

So, what stuff are you hoping to play on said saxophone? Are you an old time crooner or have more modern pretensions. I was inspired by Jan Garbarek and Andy Sheppard (not personally) and have seen them both three times live.

Enjoy the forum! So do you and Mrs Alan have different mouthpieces or do you share the one between you?
Kind regards
Tom

Mr Andersson

Hi Alan M, from another late starter,
I'm fast approaching 50, but I don't believe there is a wrong or right side, cuz wherever you are it's the right side for one's time of life. (Oooo...getting all philisophical I am!!)
"Age is a state of mind" so "They" say (I've always thought "They" have a lot to answer for, when is someone going to catch "They" and make "They" pay?)
And I agree with TomMapfumo, after 40 "We" do seem to start collecting pieces of complicated metal, I have collected 5 saxophones in just under a year, but I'm always looking to make the investment in the motorbike.
THE Classic British Icon of the '70's, A Norton 850 Commando in Black.
(Saxophones, are still cheaper, well for the likes of me they are)

Nice to see ya here, Best wishes and

God Jul Och God Nytt År (As the folks ere like to say in December)

Alan M

Hello Alan. Happy xmas.
Mike
Hi Mike, merry christmas to you too :cheers:

Welcome to the caff©, Alan M and more importantly Mrs. M.

Wrong side of fifty? These bloody teenagers have no stamina, have they Mrs. M? Come south to a civilised area. >:) Guaranteed the best rioters and looters in the UK. >:)

ENJOY!
:D:D cheers OG

So, what stuff are you hoping to play on said saxophone? Are you an old time crooner or have more modern pretensions. I was inspired by Jan Garbarek and Andy Sheppard (not personally) and have seen them both three times live.

Enjoy the forum! So do you and Mrs Alan have different mouthpieces or do you share the one between you?
One each Tom. ;} As for inspiration, well what tipped me over the edge, as it were, was listening to a solo by a guy I still don`t know. My wife and I were watching a guy on keyboard singing an old Paul Carrack song called "Love will keep us alive". Normally the solo is performed on a pedal steel guitar but on this occasion it was done on a tenor sax. It was one of the most beautiful , soulfull, pieces I`d heard. Just blew me away. As a result, here I am :D

Hi Alan M, from another late starter,
I'm fast approaching 50, but I don't believe there is a wrong or right side, cuz wherever you are it's the right side for one's time of life. (Oooo...getting all philisophical I am!!)
"Age is a state of mind" so "They" say (I've always thought "They" have a lot to answer for, when is someone going to catch "They" and make "They" pay?)
And I agree with TomMapfumo, after 40 "We" do seem to start collecting pieces of complicated metal, I have collected 5 saxophones in just under a year, but I'm always looking to make the investment in the motorbike.
THE Classic British Icon of the '70's, A Norton 850 Commando in Black.
(Saxophones, are still cheaper, well for the likes of me they are)

Nice to see ya here, Best wishes and

God Jul Och God Nytt År (As the folks ere like to say in December)
Agree with you 100% Mr A.
I do ride motorcycles as it happens. My current steed is a 2011 Triumph Tiger 800. Probably not your cup of tea if you prefer older bikes, but I like it.
Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you too :cheers:

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the cafe Alan :)

Enjoy your sax journey :thumb: and happy christmas

from another 50 year young newbie :)

Saxholder Pro

Members online

No members online now.
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom