All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Just saying hello....

md90065

How is every one.. been playing sax since elementary school.whic was quite awhile ago started on alto now experimenting with the tenor played in a big band for some years lead by Joe vento.

i have a few alto's i like a old king i have from the 20's the best just had it repaded but it has some issues around the the 2nd octqave d thru g which want to play a octive higher but with my armeture control i can play lower octave or higher octave with out the octave key...hmm but i think it has some thing to do with my g# key on the older horns i think that has to be adjusted proper or just right withour crazy things happening.....

the mourh pieces i am curenttly using on my alt'os are:
jody jazz classic
arnold brillhart level aire
dukoof power chamber
vandore optium al-4
i also have a selmer artist mouth piece

my tenor is a martin commitee 2 which i like...i am experimenting with 3 mourth pieces on it the vandore jumbo java, jody jazz HR and the otto link supertone master which all three give me diifrent results i tend to be favoring the jody jazz all around and the otto link for various selections.. hmmm..

anyways like to say hi to everyone... take care anyone in the LA calif area..

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, MD.

I can't count, so am unable to add the figures.

ENJOY!​™

Sunray

Hey Hey MD ...

Nice intro - Tell us more ...

We like to know all there is to know ...

By the way - Is your name Frankie ...

He went to the place that you come from, but that was a while ago ... ;}

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Md and welcome to the cafe. Hollywood eh? So MD must be movie director? It couldn't be anything else right?

md90065

Hi sunray member thanks how are you ..
My name is Michael and i think i still have a nickle..
let me know what you want to know and would be glad to tell maybe we can all get on a IM some day a have a online jamm seesion... just a thought.. hope all is well....by the way whats your name>>

Last edited by a moderator:

md90065

well could be not a director unless directing flies out my windows count... how are you Taz how are thinks in the Uk now.. hope all is well working on my tenor now...take care

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Thanks Jeanette.. how are things hope well...///
I am good thanks, on holiday in the cotswolds enjoying that rare thing over here called sunshine. Internet access a bit hit and miss though.

Perhaps you could come and direct some of our flies out lol

Jx

Last edited by a moderator:

md90065

we are spoiled here with sunshine if your interneet is fast enough we can organize a small online jazz session.. a thought... ok direct flies maybe.. but us in hollywood calif get nervous when the weather gets below 65 .. talk soon..

md90065

Hi old git thanks for the welcome i quess lots of jazz great die early because of all there drug intake and the smoking...but armstrong lasted a good time...

navarro

Welcome md90065, are you a distant relative of
C3-P0 and R2D2 from Star Wars, Best regards and have fun on Planet Cafe. N

md90065

Hi navarro thanks for the welcome.. well i am not a robot or android so not a relative but the movie was great......

md90065

hi rune arntzen thanks how are you i have also the jody jazz classic for my alto and i also have the vandoren al4 dukoff d8 brilhart lev air and a selmer artist

ny renor i am experimenting with the ottolink suipertone master , jody jazz HR i also have a jumbo java

allansto

gday md90065 I love your cafe name
so youre not a robot or android
are You a secret agent ?/spy?
Spill !!!!!!
Ve have vays of making you talk.!!!!!
Allansto

TomMapfumo

Hi There!

I bought a JJ Classic when I was told that my Selmer Ref54 came with a SA80 C* but it came with a SuperSession E and I eventually sold the Classic - but wouldn't mind playing it now.

Anyway, welcome to Cafe Saxophone and I look forward to getting to know you over the coming weeks and months. Just off to walk the dog............

Top Bottom