All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Just saying Hello

loopylancastrian

Just thought I would say Hello to all on here, I am originally from Darwen in Lancashire, hence the name and now live in Essex. My daughter got me into playing the sax when she joined a local marching band of which I am now involved in, We both also play in a function band and I throughly enjoy doing this.

I must admit my daughter is a much better player than me and at times she does sigh with exasperation at my attempts to play the sax.
Anyway I look forward to reading the threads and picking up tips.:)

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Hi,

Welcome to the madhouse!

Look forward to finding out more about you - tenor/alto/bari player, what music you like etc........ we're nosey here!

Cheers,

Amanda

loopylancastrian

I play Alto and Tenor. Like a variety of music, Rock, swing, folk, stuff from 50's and 60's up to modern pop tunes in fact most stuff but don't really do Jazz, but that may be because some I've heard has been awful and put me off a bit. Rap well I'm afraid I simply don't like it. lol x

Taz

Busking Oracle
You sound like a man after my own heart! Can't do rap, I feel there's a letter missing. As for jazz, well that doesn't really float my boat either.
Welcome to the cafe I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hey Loopylancastrian, Big welcome to the Café from another Ex Darwenite..

Chris..

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Welcome from me too, I sigh in exasperation at my playing!
:shocked:

Jx

Sunray

Hey Hey Loopy ...

Sunray waves from up the road in North Norfolk ... :old:

Welcome to the cafe mate ...

I done a bit of marching in my time - 10 years a squaddie ...

Left Right - Left Right - Left Right Leeeeeft .... :)

Wiv a name like dat you will fit in here very well ... :)))

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Lancastrian eh? Won't hold that against you....much
At least you escaped.
Welcome from the uncobbled part of the M62.
Andy

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Greetings from another Lancastrian - well I was until 1974 when my parents didn't move house, but local government re-organisation said I now lived in Merseyside...

Mike

I'm from the Bronx (da Bronx) New York!
I guess that speaks enough in itself........

Is everyone here from the UK? (looks around in bewilderment)
local government re-organisation said I now lived in Merseyside...
Isn't that a political statement? I happen to be quite political in political circles....

Isn't diverse culture an interesting intropsect?

Last edited by a moderator:

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the cafe Loopy :D

Great bunch of loonies on here and sometimes some good advice >:)

TomMapfumo

Hello...............................................................;}

A Big Skabertawe Welcome to the Loopster, mind! I used to live in Maldon and then Earl's Colne before capturing Norfolk & Suffolk, then back to the land of the Viking Lord, Sweyns Eye Forkbeard :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Kind regards
Tom:thumb:

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Welcome from yet another disgruntled Lancastrian originally born in Blackpool now living in the land of the Manc which also used to belong to Lancashire untill some bright sparks decided they could give themselves even more power by seperating it and making the area Greater Manchester,quite amazing really.Anyway welcome to the cafe sorry about the moan...john

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
I'm from the Bronx (da Bronx) New York!
I guess that speaks enough in itself........

Is everyone here from the UK? (looks around in bewilderment)

Isn't that a political statement? I happen to be quite political in political circles....

Isn't diverse culture an interesting intropsect?
The UK is broken up into counties at the local government level. The traditional counties have been around for a long time, some going back to Anglo-Saxon times (so 1,000 years or so - probably the time of Aethelstan - he was a big organiser) others were created by the Normans following the invasion in 1066.

Apart from some tweeking by the Victorians, the structures had been largely unchanged for centuries.

In the 1970s central government re-organised local government and created some new "metropolitan counties" around some of the large cities. So the southern end of Lancashire and the city of Liverpool became the metropolitan county of Merseyside made up of several metropolitan boroughs (the Mersey being the river that flows through Liverpool). Some bits moved county into Cheshire. Other parts were attached to the city of Manchester and another county - Greater Manchester - was created. The northern end of the county was also chopped off and merged into bits of Cumberland and Westmorland to create Cumbria.

I have an orignal hand-coloured print on my lounge wall of the county Palatine of Lancashire dating from the mid 1600s - identical to the county I grew up in, until 1974....spellings of place names are a bit different though!

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom