Just joined

nicos

Hi all
Just joined so a quick hello was told to check out this site from someone i bought a sax from. Started playing the sax last November you could say a bit of a late starter at 50 but love it. Look forward to getting to know a few of you.
Thanks Nicos

TomMapfumo

Hi, Nicos, and welcome to the Cafe!:w00t::w00t:

I got my first sax in a November and haven't looked back. 50 is quite young to start sax (I'm 51) - its either a sax or a motorbike at that stage in life - something made out of metal tubing that makes one h@*l of a racket, and where a sling is often worn at some stage!

Hope you really enjoy it and let us all know how it is going and share and ask what you like of folk here, who are only too happy to help!;}

Kind regards from Skabertawe, South Wales
Tom:cool:

Mamos

Hi Nicos

And a warm welcome from just down the road (well 60 miles down the road) in Falmouth Cornwall

What sort of sax do you have

What sort of music do you listen to

What made you want to take up the sax

mamos

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Nicos

Welcome to the cafe from not so sunny Manchester,you'll like it here,lots of interesting sax things going on.

Enjoy your sax and the journey....John

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
Hi Nicos - never too late to start. I was a mere 40 years young when I started (50 now). Just about getting the hang of it now :)

OP
N

nicos

Hi all and thanks to all who welcomed me .
To answer a few of the questions. I am learning Tenor ( Yamaha ) and Alto ( Bauhaus Walstein ) Started with a Alto changed to Tenor missed the Alto so bought another one now attempting to master both and enjoying every second of it . Try to practice for an hour or two each night. Learning mainly balads at moment cant get into jazz but dont mind some numbers. Would love to be able to play funk and soul eventually. Maybe in a band even. Chose to play sax as always fancied playing but never had time now i make time. Most difficult thing is reading music could not read a note when started come to thik of it couldnt blow one iether but getting there. Hope that gives you a bit more info about me speak again soon.
Thanks Nicos.

Top Bottom