All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Just Heard WEATHER REPORT For The First Time!

Hal the Elder

WOW!

What an interesting band! Shorter, Zawinul, & others sure lay down some original sounds!

But I don't know how to classify them in comparison with Sun Ra and Ornette Coleman.....

HAL

Last edited by a moderator:

TomMapfumo

I have all Weather Report records/CDs, no Ornette Colman & No Sun Ra. Hence I classify Weather Report as "Worth Buying"!

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
I have all Weather Report records/CDs, no Ornette Colman & No Sun Ra. Hence I classify Weather Report as "Worth Buying"!
Since I too have 10 Weather Report albums and only one Sun Ra and one Ornette Colman album I might be inclined to agree.

navarro

Many exhibitionist like you in Betelgeuse?
Nice one Aldevis I have been trying to work out the cryptology within your statement and the association with said telescope and T.H.G.T.T.G. Or have I fallen into a black hole. I must consult Zaphod Beeblebrox`s excellent tome "Circumnavigate your home Galaxy on 500 dollars a Day of Rocket fuel. ` ( Reviews welcome from any who have undertaken this odyssey.) Tally Ho N.

Hal the Elder

WHY SOITAINLY, JON!

What would you like to know about it? (It was my second biggest Dob)

I've owned 11 Dobs, ranging in aperture from 12" to 20". (And in cost from $1300 to $7200)

You live in Betelgeuse? What a coincidence...I also live in a Red Giant named Antares, which is so huge that our Solar System out to the orbit of Mars could fit inside it!)

HAL

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Nice one Aldevis I have been trying to work out the cryptology within your statement and the association with said telescope and T.H.G.T.T.G. Or have I fallen into a black hole. I must consult Zaphod Beeblebrox`s excellent tome "Circumnavigate your home Galaxy on 500 dollars a Day of Rocket fuel. ` ( Reviews welcome from any who have undertaken this odyssey.) Tally Ho N.
There is a lovely restaurant, there, at the end of universe.

Hal the Elder

HEY ALDEVIS,

I've been to that restaurant. It's called "T=ZERO".

It was disappointing. I selected something on the Menu that I've never had before, and when it was brought to me, I found that I HAVE had it before!

This must have been due to the curvature of Space-Time, where all events eventually curve back on themselves...

HAL

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Full set of Weather Report here too, apart from the silly priced Japanese ones. Just buy them, they are really good.
Andy

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Since I too have 10 Weather Report albums and only one Sun Ra and one Ornette Colman album I might be inclined to agree.
I'd have imagined you'd be a more Sun Ra kind of chap..... your hursuit bohemian demeanor had me misled!

Jazzaferri

I have to do a presentation on Joe Zawinul this wednesday for jazz survey. He did some really interesting stuff with Cannonball Adderly in the early 60's including a hit for Joe called Mercy Mercy Mercy....shades of Wx Rpt to come.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Jazzaferri
Have you heard the stuff Zawinul did with the WDR big band? That's the way Zawinul heard the synth parts in Weather Report.
Monster sounds. Have a look on Youtube.
Andy

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom