support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Just Friends !!!!!!!!!!!

copied from sotw -nice 1 squeezing in a take when you been busy and sunning yourself etc etc. I always like quotes in a tune, so nice 1 with the Parker to kick off the solo. I see you kept it with selected harmonics usage, using them sparingly, always better, nice 1, flows from top to tail.:thumb:

copied from sotw -nice 1 squeezing in a take when you been busy and sunning yourself etc etc. I always like quotes in a tune, so nice 1 with the Parker to kick off the solo. I see you kept it with selected harmonics usage, using them sparingly, always better, nice 1, flows from top to tail.:thumb:

Yea been trying to catch up on stuff.Cheers for the listen.I think theres 3 Parker quotes in there.Done at such a rush,as normal !!! no planning for more or less anything really.Just blew what I heard in my big ugly heed,LOLS.Its a fun tune that kind of gets you in a Bop mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah a great tune indeed, i like that you used Parker to quote too, nice touch seeing as it is a Parker inspired tune. you probably heard the Parker with strings version, cracking.

yeah a great tune indeed, i like that you used Parker to quote too, nice touch seeing as it is a Parker inspired tune. you probably heard the Parker with strings version, cracking.

I'm not a huge bop fan.I like more the hard bop era but I think Parker with strings is the sublime album by him.Talk about LUSH,WOWWWW its amazing.I like Cannonball Adderly more for his playing on alto but for a jazz tone Paul Desmond everytime.

Desmond is 'nice' but a bit twee for me, not a fan of his tone but top marks for him being unique tho Cannonball Adderley, Phil Woods, Alex Hann get my vote.

Desmond is 'nice' but a bit twee for me, not a fan of his tone but top marks for him being unique tho Cannonball Adderley, Phil Woods, Alex Hann get my vote.

Yea Woods is the legend for sure.And Alex Hann is such a raw fresh talent.He has so much energy its scary.I think he is the big thing in modern alto playing for sure.Enjoy the gig.Wish I was there.Miller is D Mr Funk.

I will say nowt about you going to the match and hob-nobbing with the toon players :))):))):)))

Yea we both happy in the end.Enjoy your gig and i'll enjoy some Toon and ac Milan.

ps,,, to make you even more home sick we played Alan Shearers 40th birthday party at his house last year,WOWWWWWWW what a palace.Now that was niceeeeeeee.He's at a lot of our big corp.golf gigs,he's nearly a band member,,,lols

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea we both happy in the end.Enjoy your gig and i'll enjoy some Toon and ac Milan.

ps,,, to make you even more home sick we played Alan Shearers 40th birthday party at his house last year,WOWWWWWWW what a palace.Now that was niceeeeeeee.He's at a lot of our big corp.golf gigs,he's nearly a band member,,,lols
i met him a few times and his mrs, and used to have a band with Solano, we set it up together called the geordie latino's, man we had some crazy alcohol flowing nights staying over at his house, i got loadsa toon player stories, all fun tho, nowt bad.

Back
Top Bottom