support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Just friends...(FOR NOW!)

Lovely version, very enjoyable Ian..

Chris..

@Jamesmac - Thank you, as you know MB is a huge influence for me, i just really 'love' playing my sax and try to put that across in recording so maybe that's why you thought it was an exciting take :).

@Chris - thank you for taking time and listening...

*side note: i am trying to record many more tunes and build up my youtube channel with the aim of making an album, mixed standards and original stuff so any suggestions on tunes for me to record would be greatly appreciated...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my take on an all time favourite jazz standard of mine and I have played it many times over the years on jazz gigs all over the place.
(I have also chosen it for 'tune of the month' on another site for people to play on)
thanks,
Ian.

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq4BniL9wIE&feature=player_detailpage

soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ian-t-thesaxman71/just-friends

All feedback is welcome...

Loved it...!! very well interpreted...!

As per suggestions to you album, why don't you record some Bossa Novas? Wave, Desafinado, Girl from Ipanema, One Note Samba...

Cheers,
Marcello

Loved it...!! very well interpreted...!

As per suggestions to you album, why don't you record some Bossa Novas? Wave, Desafinado, Girl from Ipanema, One Note Samba...

Cheers,
Marcello
Hi Marcello
that is a great idea and i love that style of music and i am currently working on a couple of latin style and bossa style tunes, (once i loved - alto and tenor and maybe trumpet and trombone, Black orpheus - tenor, You don't know what love is - tenor, a modern style more 'dark' sounding latin) to be recorded soon and posted here when done.

The tunes you mentioned are great classic tunes i have had great fun playing them over the years so for you my friend i think i will do 1 of them, when i get a little time, just for the fun of playing and recording it and post it here so you can pick 1 tune and i will do it just for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Marcello
that is a great idea and i love that style of music and i am currently working on a couple of latin style and bossa style tunes, (once i loved - alto and tenor and maybe trumpet and trombone, Black orpheus - tenor, You don't know what love is - tenor, a modern style more 'dark' sounding latin) to be recorded soon and posted here when done.

The tunes you mentioned are great classic tunes i have had great fun playing them over the years so for you my friend i think i will do 1 of them, when i get a little time, just for the fun of playing and recording it and post it here so you can pick 1 tune and i will do it just for you.

Great...!
record your versions and we all can enjoy it..!
Cheers,
Marcello

I really like this tune and enjoyed bopping along to your recording

Back
Top Bottom