Tutorials

Just bought an Amp

Amaranth

See what happens when I don't visit here regularly?
I go off impulse buying stuff!
Just purchased a Roland KC - 300, well agreed to purchase anyway.
£150 - seems a good price for a 100w amp, even though it has what is called a balanced 1/4" Jack input rather than the XLR I'm used to.
I'm fed up with having to beg an input to someone else's amp/PA so thought I'd take on the Drummer/Guitars head to head;)
Our disfunctional band has a Gig in December and we added up our tunes to find we have 26 - surprising really since we haven't been practising together that long in the Drummers' shed ;)

Taz

Busking Oracle
:shocked: I wish you much luck. I've always found it easier to go straight through the desk and leave it to someone else to balance the mess....I mean lovely sound :D We do use quite a large desk and I have my own slot on it so that probably makes life a lot easier.
GO GIVE IT TO 'EM GIRL! :w00t:

thomsax

I have never owned a amp. I use a channel on the PA, so it goes direct into the PA. What are the advantges by having a amp like the guitar player? I don't use pedals or anything like that.

Thomas

dooce

:shocked: I wish you much luck. I've always found it easier to go straight through the desk and leave it to someone else to balance the mess....I mean lovely sound :D We do use quite a large desk and I have my own slot on it so that probably makes life a lot easier.
GO GIVE IT TO 'EM GIRL! :w00t:
Allo Pete - you've been quiet for a while.

Aly - why would anyone trust a tenor player? Not sure about the jack input, I must say. I have no idea why but the quality of input from a mic through a jack is very inferior to that through an XLR. No doubt someone who knows the techhnical stuff will come along and put me right, but that's my experience as press-ganged sound rigger for my band.

dooce

Hello Bill, I've been in the land of cheese and tulips for the duration of September... It's a hard job but I considered myself man enough for the task :w00t:

So that would be Daventry Waitrose then - where the cheese counter and Tulip dispensary are very close to one another.....

:D

Beer and catch up soon?

OP
A

Amaranth

Allo Pete - you've been quiet for a while.

Aly - why would anyone trust a tenor player? Not sure about the jack input, I must say. I have no idea why but the quality of input from a mic through a jack is very inferior to that through an XLR. No doubt someone who knows the techhnical stuff will come along and put me right, but that's my experience as press-ganged sound rigger for my band.
Yeah I've always used XLR 'till now but I do trust the guy (who owns what is probably the smallest Music shop in the Universe!) and a little web research insists that it is a balanced Mic input on the KC-300, I'll have to see :)

OP
A

Amaranth

I think one of the channels on this amp is XLR, but needs a special cable.
See there's always someone lovely on here who can reassure me. I Have purchased an adapter plug that takes the XLR cable to a balanced 1/4 input - is that going to work?
I suppose Roland make their own Mic cables huh?

Top Bottom