support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

SOLD Jupiter 787 Semi Pro Tenor Sax

Ads

Locality
North West UK
I`ve decided that I`m aiming towards getting another MkVII as my second Tenor instead of a 10M and it`s this large bore Jupiter which has prompted me to do so as it`s got that warm thick deep sound along with modern keywork to contrast my Yam-62AG so the Jupiter is up for sale here .......

This horn is a 90s Taiwanese made Jupiter 787 Semi Pro tenor ,it`s been fully serviced and setup by Connollys (receipt provided with the horn) very recently, it had a few dents on the main tube which have been pretty much invisibly removed by these legendary dent experts, a few pads were replaced too so it`s all bang on .. Cosmetically it`s very good in deed, there`s some laquer pitting and scratches as expected but its far from being a rat .... Comes in the original heavyweight hard case (lovely condition) and I`ll throw in a scruffy Yamaha 4C Mouthpiece (cleaned) ..

Asking £450 which is a very good price for a fully serviced Taiwanese Intermediate tenor.. 5% of which goes to the cafe ...... carriage is £15 within the UK by courier , payment by bank transfer preferablty or paypal if you pay the fees . I will ship within Europe, PM me for a shipping quote .

Pics Below on Dropbox........ Please PM tp contact , thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nx7vm4jfvne13jj/-VbKG5BucD

For the record - £15 UK courier is mainland except Scottish Highlands ..

This is still for sale ...... Offers ?

I think we are all broke Ads, unfortunately I am too, just been on a spree in France and Italy and ended up with another 7 sticks, this looks a bargain for a modern horn.

John Myatt's used to send me their house magazine and I was surprised to learn that the Jupiter 700 Series was their best seller. I'd have thought that the cheaper 500 Series would have sold more. That's a good price for a tenor sax. Good luck with the sale.

Jim.

Thanks a lot Jim . fully serviced by Connollys too .....

I think we are all broke Ads, unfortunately I am too, just been on a spree in France and Italy and ended up with another 7 sticks, this looks a bargain for a modern horn.
Melissa..........you must have enough stock to last a while now. I shall have to look at your website.

Oh, if only they could go on the site Prof, I have 9 sticks coming in to be overhauled to add to the 15 already here- also to be worked on to add to the 11 being overhauled right now, ..I lost count at 30, plus a couple or so more altos, still waiting for my hooters to be done, it is like that French shop here:D

Oh, if only they could go on the site Prof, I have 9 sticks coming in to be overhauled to add to the 15 already here- also to be worked on to add to the 11 being overhauled right now, ..I lost count at 30, plus a couple or so more altos, still waiting for my hooters to be done, it is like that French shop here:D
You're really going to have to stop calling them 'hooters' now that jbtsax has pointed out the American connotation

This Sax is still for sale BTW .......

I`ll drop this to £425 to sell ...... C`mon folks, this is a fully serviced 7 series Taiwanese Horn, not a chinese cheapo .

These 7 series Jupiters are very good saxes and easily on par with a lot of intermediate and pro saxes from other brands out there, i think whoever gets this will be lucky, the ergo's are great, intonation good, overall fantastic for the price, even if this was on sale for double i would think it was a steal. From what i know the 7 series and up from Jupiter are made in the same way and factory as the Keilwerth 'st' range and they are nicely made good solid saxes and this is a steal.
long story short, this is a whole lot of sax for a little price and is a very solid built nice sax.
best of luck with the sale, a bargain if i ever seen it.

Reactions: Ads
Thanks a lot Ian .. The only reason it`s going is because I`m aiming at getting another MkVII , Like the MkVII (and MkVI come to that) the Jupiter 787 is a warts and all horn , they didn`t try to "sanitize" it to help beginners thankfully as it`s got all the blood and guts you could ask for (makes a Bauhaus seem small scale) , play with a very wide tip piece and let rip is what it does best but can smooch along with the best also ..

Having bought Ian's 'funky 787 alto' I can confirm that these are very under rated. You get a lot of instrument for your money - I'd be tempted myself f it's still for sale when next month's pension comes in :)
Not a lot of action on here this weekend...?

Thanks Johnners, yeah, the whole forum has been dead all weekend ....... if it`s here next month then yep, grab it :) , Sorry but I can`t afford to drop the price any more , the Forum Fee is £21 .

This is still up for Grabs ................

If I weren't saving up for another baritone I'd have bought this. I'm still tempted regardless.

Goodness me I have the Alto version and it's a great sax very well made tell you what better buy than a lot of the new saxes around. and it will still be good in 20 years unlike some of the Tinfoil saxes around now (drop it replace it) parts maybe!!! if your lucky. Somebody buy this Jupiter great money if your on a limited budget you can't go wrong. AND BY THE WAY I DON'T KNOW Ads. Why have I not bought it you may ask? I've got a few more expensive saxes for sale here to help offset the mortgage payments for the new sax coming.

Back
Top Bottom