All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

(June 2016) Blues Key of the Month: Concert Eb [Major or Minor]

thomsax

I have still one really fast Eb Blues recording waiting to check which of the takes I will post. A pity we almost seem the only two persons being active in this nice sequence of Blues threads. Do UK people don't like to play Blues? I hope you will continue anyhow, because I get to know much more keys than I normally play for Blues songs and like it a lot!
The reason I'm not posting is that I don't have any recording equipment, just a Zoom 1. I use to connect my computer to a PA and then just record it into the ZOOM 1. Some MP3 recordings sounds really wierd when I play them through a PA. Othes are recording at a very low volume så I don't hear them ... . It must be simple for me. I just want to play and have fun.

I have two Stevie Ray Vaughan songs that I use to play. "Look At Little Sister" and "Crossfire" are both in concert Eb (F on tenor, C on bari).

OP
rhysonsax

rhysonsax

The reason I'm not posting is that I don't have any recording equipment, just a Zoom 1. I use to connect my computer to a PA and then just record it into the ZOOM 1. Some MP3 recordings sounds really wierd when I play them through a PA. Othes are recording at a very low volume så I don't hear them ... . It must be simple for me. I just want to play and have fun.

I have two Stevie Ray Vaughan songs that I use to play. "Look At Little Sister" and "Crossfire" are both in concert Eb (F on tenor, C on bari).
It would be great to hear recordings of you playing as I know that the blues is (are) your thing.

Don't forget that if and when you get a good recording setup you can go back to all of the older threads and submit your recordings for those keys.

Rhys

PS I must have a listen to those SRV songs.

OP
rhysonsax

rhysonsax

Blues in Eb o_O

You kept to the form really well, which is something I struggle with. And there is variety between the choruses - do you plan that out in advance or just see what happens on the spur of the moment ?

Keep them coming and keep that leg stomping !

Rhys

Glad to see you posting on this thread from last month - that reminds me to post another Eb blues.

Francisco

You kept to the form really well, which is something I struggle with. And there is variety between the choruses - do you plan that out in advance or just see what happens on the spur of the moment ?

Keep them coming and keep that leg stomping !

Rhys

Glad to see you posting on this thread from last month - that reminds me to post another Eb blues.
thanks for the reply Rhys :) I dont plan, just blow and see what happens, I'm glad you liked.

OP
rhysonsax

rhysonsax

I've been getting into Bix Beiderbecke and his groups recently and bought a Music Minus One Playalong called "The Further Adventures of Bix Bederbecke" by Peter Ecklund. In amongst some classic Bix songs was an original called "Blue Bix" that appealed to me. As I don't play the cornet I tried it on soprano and as it is in concert Eb I thought I should post it on this thread.

Blue Bix, - Rhys sop V3.wav - Box

Rhys

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

• Members online

• Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Beeby
Help!

Latest posts