support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

July 2015 BOTM First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

It`s difficult to keep in touch due to having no proper internet , living out of boxes and I`m also without my wee studio now so not much op for listens etc. but as usual what I have heard has been inspiring. Heres my 1st go which I`ll replace soon.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1241900

Nice, that's reminded me I need to go back and listen to the others again on proper speakers.

Thanks for posting :)

Jx

With the Tibaldi Tuning Technique TTT™ you need to be relaxed not to be sharp. It is designed to develop sound and embouchure...
I know I know but it is hard to relax and concentrate on counting and listening to chord changes knowing it is all being recorded :)

I will persevere or maybe pull it out a little ;)

A few glasses of red should do the trick !

So tempting but then the counting goes 1 2 @3 oops 4 2 1 2 oops should have been a low D...........

Blow it lets have another glass.........how do you spell Chateau for my wine thread :rolleyes:

Jx

Well a promise is a promise so here is my version.

It is starting to make me cry for all the wrong reasons. The more I try and improve the worse it is getting. I have started producing a squeak I've never had before on sop so time to call it a day on this one, apologies, it is too sharp , not totally in time but a line in the sand can now be drawn. :)

I'm going to wash the other love in my life.......(Mx)

Jx

It is starting to make me cry for all the wrong reasons. The more I try and improve the worse it is getting. I have started producing a squeak I've never had before on sop so time to call it a day on this one, apologies, it is too sharp , not totally in time but a line in the sand can now be drawn. :)

Jx

I listened to the whole thing and I never heard the squeaking you speak of. I kept wanting to hear some vibrato on the ends of the long notes, which I think would have helped even out the intonation too. Of course I'm one to talk, I have a lousy weak vibrato. That's something I really want to work on developing. I say good job on the song.

Last edited:
My vibrato has a life of its own. I spent more time faffing about with the backing than the recording with this one, and in the end I wonder if it was worth it.

https://app.box.com/s/p0ivtzog6ar36m6h4xqraj3gc6q7sslu

Last edited by a moderator:
My vibrato has a life of its own. I spent more time faffing about with the backing than the recording with this one, and in the end I wonder if it was worth it.

https://app.box.com/s/p0ivtzog6ar36m6h4xqraj3gc6q7sslu

Different :)

I didn't find the sax less prominent

Jx

Last edited:

Jx

This is an excellent first effort. I was most impressed by your really nice tone and good control on the sustained notes. For what it's worth I only heard a bit of sharpness as you got farther into the tune. What typically causes this is that as the saxophone warms up, it tends to go sharp, and as our embouchure begins to tire we tend to play higher on the pitch. Make sure your sax is thoroughly warmed up (and tuned) before you play, and practice playing long tones for as long as the duration of the song till you can do so without the embouchure getting tired. [tall order!]

I really enjoyed hearing you play. Give yourself some credit. You play a lot better than you think. Don't worry about hearing things that could be done better on a recording. I've been playing sax for 57 years and I still hear things I can improve upon. It is when you can't hear what you need to work on that you are in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom