support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

July 2015 BOTM First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Café Supporter
First of all big thank you to Rob for hosting last month’s BOTM and for inviting me to host this one. :)

As ever there were some great recordings.

For this month I have chosen a song written by Ewan MacColl for Peggy Seeger background here and her version

Searching YouTube there are quite a few different versions but this one has to have a mention

@Chris has done the work on the backing tracks and dots link to tracks. There are some different versions but most importantly I put in a special request to Chris to produce a shorter version of the backing track for those of us who are not as advanced in our playing. It would be great to see some new members post this month :)

Both backing tracks have a four bar intro and follow the sheets. The SHORT version doesn't take the repeat at bar 17

There is a different version titled ever but no short one for this.

(Chris correct me if I got any of that wrong)

I am sending a personal invite to @trimmy @tenorviol @Jay @Rob Pealing @c9off and anybody who hasn’t posted a recording yet to have a go with this long or short version and have some fun. :)

I promise I will do my best to record something before the month is out :)

I have plenty of tissues, so go for it guys make me cry.............

Jx

PS I am away at the moment so may not be able to respond until after Sunday depending on signal.

Last edited:
Jeanette, ( there must be instructions on tagging people but I am blowed if I can find them) A lovely ballad, and Roberta Flack nearly had me reaching for a hankie. Good choice.

am sending a personal invite to @trimmy @tenorviol @Jay @Rob Pealing @c9off and anybody who hasn’t posted a recording yet to have a go with this long or short version and have some fun. :)

But after looking at the dots, all I can say is gosh,golly, crickey ( and any other Billy Bunter expletives you can think of).
I am flattered that you think I can play it, let alone play it well enough to make you cry.
A key I have not yet played anything in, and lots of very low notes, it is going to present me some challenges. I am not going to make any promises but will give it a go.
If I do manage a recording that is worth listening to it will not be until August 'cos I am working in Newfoundland for a good chunk of July.

Last edited:
I'm officially confused. Two Bb sheets in the same key of D with different chords and notes. I'm feeling ignorant here. :confused:

I will have to leave @Chris to explain but just more choice use ever with ever :)
Hmmm.... has a plan....

Now I am worried :)

@Rob Pealing just use the @

I found a very easy version in the key of C here. Very cheap to buy and I am sure Chris will do you a BT if needed.

@U CAN CALL ME AL I can't get your link to work but probably my signal.

Jx

While listening to various versions to get the melody rythms timing etc into my head I came across this.

I think I'll give up now!
Cry J!​

Just managed a listen to this, can't wait to listen again on proper speakers. Beautiful and something to aspire to :)

Just think of this as an exercise in long tones but a much more interesting way of doing it ;)

Jx

I'm officially confused. Two Bb sheets in the same key of D with different chords and notes. I'm feeling ignorant here. :confused:

Two different Biab files Jimmy, Biab can/does odd things at times seemingly wrong key sigs, but puts accidentals in the sheet, just try and see if the sheets match the backing they are for.

Chris..

@Jeanette
@Rob Pealing just use the @

I found a very easy version in the key of C here. Very cheap to buy and I am sure Chris will do you a BT if needed.
Thank you. I had not spotted that in the zip there are two versions for alto, an octave apart. I had a short attempt at it last night and I can get on with the key OK and as you pointed out the lower octave version will be excellent for learning how to get from low B to low C# etc.

Back
Top Bottom