All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Saxophones JP042r

Just like to add my recommendation to this horn, i bought it as a backup Tenor , decided to try it out at a gig last week and now i think it will become my main gigging sax!
i am really impressed, until now i have always found that moderns sax key work didn't work with my ridiculously small hands (stretching to bottom Bb was tortuous )but this sax has been designed with that in mind.
its advertised as a student sax, but dont let that put you off trying it, "its a wolf in sheep's clothing"
if you want to know more check out Pete Long's(ex Jools Holland Rythm and Blues orchestra among other's) demo vids on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Good to have a recommendation liket hat! Must be pretty impressive... I'll take a look

Just like to add my recommendation to this horn, i bought it as a backup Tenor , decided to try it out at a gig last week and now i think it will become my main gigging sax!
i am really impressed, until now i have always found that moderns sax key work didn't work with my ridiculously small hands (stretching to bottom Bb was tortuous )but this sax has been designed with that in mind.
its advertised as a student sax, but dont let that put you off trying it, "its a wolf in sheep's clothing"
if you want to know more check out Pete Long's(ex Jools Holland Rythm and Blues orchestra among other's) demo vids on youtube.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
My JP42v served me for few years on some very demanding stages. What is the "r" for? Rose brass?

AndyWhiteford

those Pete Long's demo-videos leave me cold, I'm more intrigued by this john packer demo track:

here
which starts off based on an old Tubby Hayes big band track, & rolls on through some nice bluesy saxophone quartet playing - so who made this?? I guess it's specially recorded for the brand, but by who?

<edit>
i found it..
Hear JP saxophones in action - listen to 'Sunday Grind' written by session player Pete Long (who also plays all the parts). A stunning composition with some stunning playing on what we think are some stunning instruments.

same guy, but a *much* nicer demo of the JP range of horns...

Last edited by a moderator:
My JP42v served me for few years on some very demanding stages. What is the "r" for? Rose brass?
yes the "r" does stand for Rose brass i was originally going for the JP042v( vintage) but on seeing and playing the rose gold, i fell in love with it!

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom